Rockingham returns to BTCC calendar

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
press release from the BTCC

The Rockingham circuit in Northamptonshire will host one of the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship’s ten race meetings in 2007.

Rockingham’s BTCC race date will be on Sunday 22 April. Confirmation of its inclusion completes the BTCC calendar, with the other nine fixtures having already been announced.

BTCC Series Director Alan Gow commented: “We are delighted to be able to return to Rockingham. Its unique track layout, up-to-date facilities and terrific viewing areas for the spectators all proved a great hit with the drivers, teams, spectators and sponsors when we raced there in 2003.

“In fact, a great many of our fans have constantly been asking me to take the BTCC back to Rockingham, so this is also for them. I’m sure it will receive great support and prove to be warmly welcomed back on our schedule.

“Rockingham’s inclusion also means that the BTCC will continue to be in action in eight counties, ensuring that the championship remains as accessible as possible for the public in all four corners of the UK.”

The 2007 BTCC calendar:

Date Circuit, County
31 March-1 April Brands Hatch, Kent
21-22 April Rockingham, Northamptonshire
5-6 May Thruxton, Hampshire
2-3 June Croft, North Yorkshire
23-24 June Oulton Park, Cheshire
14-15 July Donington Park, Leicestershire
28-29 July Snetterton, Norfolk
18-19 August Brands Hatch, Kent
1-2 September Knockhill, Fife
13-14 October Thruxton, Hampshire

The BTCC will confirm the individual Brands Hatch, Rockingham, Oulton Park and Donington Park circuit lay-outs on at a later date.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Rockingham has been chosen for the outstanding round, which should be excellent.

Excellent news, definitely go to that.

Also note that Oulton, Brands & Snetterton are selling tickets already. Brands tickets useful if you intend getting good grandstand seating. ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer looking forward to that one, will probably skip the opening round at Brands, and goto the one in August this year.

But Rockingham, Croft, Oulton, Donington, Brands, and the final at Thruxton are on my to do list so far, but I might do a few more.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Hmm.. no Silverstone then which could be a good thing given it's dire traffic problems...

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Loads of parking, loads of seats, see every corner. Its an oval track with a circuit inside it. We went back in 2003, to watch the Cupra Championship there, we had close to 100 cars for SEATCupra.net at that event. Doubt we'll manage that on the TOCA tour, but they have a lot of space.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
never been so may have to do Rockingham

anyone been before?
is there parking?

Loads of parking, super viewing (all grandstand seating)

Nightmare to get out of, though, unless they have sorted the traffic management. Last time I went was the second running of the Rockingham 500.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I think all circuits have their positives and negatives, i'd happily put up with crap traffic leaving as long as the view is good, and its superb. Might do both days and hop along for the qualifying too.

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Top news, Rockingham is ace :)

But.. :censored: I'll be away on the 22nd April :(

:censored: :censored:

Edit: The first one I'll be able to make is Oulton Park, then hopefully will make it to the following Donny and Snetterton (as I've never been there), then finally Thruxton in cold, dark, wet October!

Last edited:

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
I think all circuits have their positives and negatives, i'd happily put up with crap traffic leaving as long as the view is good

Agreed, that's why Brands is one of my favourite circuits even though I have a 5-hour return in prospect and need to be at work the following day for 6.30am :(

Rockingham will be cool. Silverstone must be kicking themselves, but they've only themselves to blame for their event this year.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I don't think that's why it isn't on the calendar though. It's more down to them being unable to fit the BTCC into their own schedule, as the TV coverage doesn't give Toca much flexibility.

Have to say I didn't see this one coming at all!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
rockingham.gif

They'll use the international

And you'll be able to see all the cars all the time from any of the seats if my memory serves me right

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
Sounds great,watched some of the ASCAR racing on tv there a few years ago when Jason Plato was in it.But a bit too early for us to plan an away trip-we were looking at possibly Croft in June.Anyone got any info on campsites or accomodation etc?thanks in advance...