Rockingham returns to BTCC calendar

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The article is now on the main site here. BTCC CALENDAR

I've added all the events in the calendar, plus links to their respective websites, so you can check for ticket information as and when they are available.

Note that the MSV circuits are already selling tickets for all the events they host.

ie Brands Hatch x2, Oulton Park & Snetterton

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Cool cool, Rockingham is an ace circuit! I remember the day in 2003, The Darkness were playing later IIRC!

I personally find Rockingham more of a ballache to get to than Silverstone, but I don't mind too much, the view is awesome!

I MUST have a dSLR by then!

And you'll be able to see all the cars all the time from any of the seats if my memory serves me right

Think the only time you don't see them is if your in the centre stand and the cars go behind the paddock along the straight. But I was never sat at the top of the stands so this would probably be eliminated if you were.

Camping at Rockingham is a fair walk to the circuit as its done in the fields behind turns 2 & 3

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Seems Silverstone aren't aware of many things, like caught napping when over 30000 people turned up to watch the BTCC this year, and instead most of them were left outside and missed the first race.

To be fair to Silverstone, i'd much rather goto Silverstone for the final round of the season than Thruxton, for the simple fact i doubt very much Thruxton can cope with the expected volume of punters. And with any luck Silverstone won't be caught with their pants down again.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Thruxton's car parking will be amusing in Autumn. Once you're out, getting onto the A303 is OK - but it's hardly interesting for a finale

round and round and round while you see the cars for 10 seconds

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I enjoyed my day at Thruxton the other year, the only thing that riled me about that circuit is paying to get in the paddock. I wouldn't mind a couple of quid, but it was like £8.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Loads of parking, loads of seats, see every corner. Its an oval track with a circuit inside it. We went back in 2003, to watch the Cupra Championship there, we had close to 100 cars for SEATCupra.net at that event. Doubt we'll manage that on the TOCA tour, but they have a lot of space.

That was a very hot day at Rockinham. We came down from the North East about 10-15cars. It really is a good place to watch motorsport and its very easy to find. I look forward to going.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Thruxton's car parking will be amusing in Autumn. Once you're out, getting onto the A303 is OK - but it's hardly interesting for a finale

round and round and round while you see the cars for 10 seconds

Thruxton's parking is really bad. Especially when they park you away over at what seems like some sort of quarry and you have to walk up a long steep bank before you reach the entrance near the chicane stand.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm looking forward to Rockingham as I've never been.

WTF Silverstone are playing at - I'm always suspicious of statements that profess to know 'nothing of whats going on' - it usually means that talks have broken down and probably as Silverstone was trying to flex its "we are the biggest UK track so do things on our terms" attitude??????? Now they have amnesia......

Thruxtons my local circuit and once a year is enough. Shame the BTCC brigade can't substitute on of the Thuxton meets with Silverstone if they promise to get their act togerther.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Thruxton being used twice is because the Mondello Park meeting would have been controlled by the BARC who also operate Thruxton. Or something like that ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Still doesn't mean it's right

IMO they should drop Mondello because it's in the wrong country, and Not use Thruxton because it's akin to going back to the 1980's for facilities

BUT

I'm very glad they've decided to go with the most up to date & state of the art Rockingham (although the road network there will be stretched to breaking point)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members