Rolling road graph analysis

golfinger

Had the LCR in a rolling road to see what power it is actually making and below are the results:

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

The car is still pretty new to me and as I understand it, the following mods have been done:

• Revo Stage 1
  • BMC Induction Kit

Goes the graph seem about right? I was expecting slightly better... :help:

caveo

Why did they run it in 3rd?? they usaly run it in a gear which ratio is closest to 1:1 whitch is 4th or even 6th i think. ( most are done in 4th )

golfinger

Why did they run it in 3rd?? they usaly run it in a gear which ratio is closest to 1:1 whitch is 4th or even 6th i think. ( most are done in 4th )

No idea, I'm clueless with motors!

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
Don't really want to hijack a thread but I had mine on the RR and wondered what everybody thought?

Suppose we can use mine as a comparison to the OP too:

rrleonnew.jpg

caveo

Not on a lcr at stage 1 as the twin side mounts cope ok at that level

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
it's not made the boost, because the load was so low (in 3rd)

I had it proved to me that on a DD dyno, there's no difference between 3rd and 4th gear runs in Shootout4 mode.

I sat in the car while he did it, watching the screen. The plot for my 3rd gear run was on the monitor and the 4th gear run just built bang over the top of it - within 2bhp at any point.

(DD dynos + ME7 = other can of worms :D )

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
What sort of RPM should I be shifting up at to keep the car going well and accelerating to its maximum ability?

Last edited:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
I'd say shift up about 5.3k, that'll prob be about 5.6 on your tacho.
Overe taking, 3k should give you plenty of power and torque and enough revs to last to actually overtake without shifting!

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
So, I should really shift up about 5,000rpm to drop it back into maximum torque? Only asking as I'm slightly concerned that I couldn't shake off a 106 GTi. :lol:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.