Rolling Road Result

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
This was the best run of the day which I had. Problems with holding boost and the car is running quite lean. This was the only run I had where the boost held.. Now I can see where things need to be adjusted, this is the start to my future of modifying the beast :D

Picture.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
most of the LCR's that were running lean @ JKM rolling road day have now been sorted :)

what map are you running? Says IP map?

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
Yes, Impossible Performance... How did the car's that were running lean get sorted out? Just had there re-maps rechecked?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well one is bentaw (above) and one is richybigman.

You'll need to talk to them to find out exactly, but i THINK Richy had a dead MAF, and bentaw had a dodgy ECU....

I could be wrong there though

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
well one is bentaw (above) and one is richybigman.

You'll need to talk to them to find out exactly, but i THINK Richy had a dead MAF, and bentaw had a dodgy ECU....

I could be wrong there though

Cheers. Just out of curiosity. How could I find out my MAF is dead? Or dying...?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
What did JKM tell you could be at fault? They know a LOT more about this kinda thing than I do.
I'll be worth you doing some logging with vag-com though, check airflow, cf's.. that kinda thing.

What do IP quote as an after figure for their remaps? And what do you need for their "stage 2 maps" with respect to hardware?

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
JKM, Wanted to run a full diagnostic check on the car at a later date to find out what things might be going wrong with it. They couldn't give me an answer as to what the fault maybe, although they give me a rough idea along the lines.
Stage 2 Maps from IP quote about 250+ with the modifications I have. Stage 3 would be an exhaust and Front Mount and something along the lines of a BMC airfilter.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
so what gains does a stage2 have over a stage 1?
Bit confused to see the difference TBH - you don't have any real mods listed that a stage2 map could take advantage of.

Anyway, thats besides the point - the full diag check they speak of would of course involve some VAG-COM logging, so thats what you need to do to spot the problem(s).

bigjode

Feb 25, 2006
If what you have is stg2, what is stage 1?

Just ask because your mods are stage 1 with any other remap put there.

Are those figures at the flywheel, or at the wheels?

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
Those figures are at the flywheel.
I'm quite happy with the way the car is running, the remap is really smooth, the power delivery is fantastic. I just need to sort out some problems with the valve and dump valve spring, and see where it leads me.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
no one knows what is wrong with mine and richybigmans car both still are not running right although they have improved they suspect rich's is a dodgy ecu and for some reason mine struggles to breath top end but hopefully blueflame will sort that put

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
I had impossible performance re-map STG1, with basically an induction kit and thats it, mine was done on comp then taken out on road where bits of fuel air etc were fiddled with, now i've had it a while im not overly impressed as my mates LC spools up so much quicker and we had same mods?? suppose thats the difference between RR re-maps and all comp stationary ones!
Wheni asked about STG 2 he said i'd need 3" DP and thats about it so i presume STG3 is FMIC, full stainless exhaust, increased TIP ETC!!

Hope your happy with it though!

p.s Bentaw there is a company thats started up called pipeworks the bloke who does used to design the blueframe and fabricate them, and at mo there no VAT registered so maybe give them a call, can get number if you need it they quoted me £775 for a full 3" system with 3" DP and 100 cell cat back race sounds good to me!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise