Rolling Road Results Seem a little low maybe?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
dyno dynamics ie JKM always seem a little low compared with the rest of the country, their was a rr day their yesterday i think, bluefin are normally a little conservative though.

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
RobH,

I think it was a 2wd Dyno Dynamics rolling road Rob, the only other car I seen getting ran was a civic type r with a full HKS exhaust, HKS induction kit and a 75 shot of NOS made 248bhp, I thought it would have made more?

Poverty,

It was in 4th gear mate

Also, it says my peak boost was 0.9 bar, is that a bit low?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
RobH,

I think it was a 2wd Dyno Dynamics rolling road Rob, the only other car I seen getting ran was a civic type r with a full HKS exhaust, HKS induction kit and a 75 shot of NOS made 248bhp, I thought it would have made more?

Poverty,

It was in 4th gear mate

Also, it says my peak boost was 0.9 bar, is that a bit low?

dyno dynamics always seem to run a little low or more accurate, maybe its a bit of both the conservative bluefin map and DD rollers. How does it feel on the road and have you got a pic of the graph.

I thought 0.9 bar was around standard, i read somewhere on here that a Revo stage 2 cupra peaks at 24psi which is 1.6bar

Last edited:

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Rob,

It feels really good on the road mate, much quicker than standard. They didn't hook up a boost gauge, the RR has worked out a boos reading, although I don't know how :confused:
so I would maybe take the boost reading with a pinch of salt.

I have no scanner mate to upload the graph. EDIT, I took a pic with camera phone and uploaded to photobucket

DSC00790.jpg
]

Last edited:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
If it feels good on the road then thats the main thing, have you got stage 2 bluefin or still with stage 1?

Do bluefin know about the EVOMS so they can take it into account and get the best out of it.

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Rob,

No, I only have the Stage 1 file, to go Stage 2 you need a full Turbo Back Exhaust. I fitted the EVOMS after I had the Stage 1 map fitted so no they didn't set it up to take into account the extra air flow, but would the ECU not allow for this and adapt to suit?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
tbh if it feels good on the road then its probably fine, have you got vagcom to scan for boost leaks or any other faults.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
TBH mate that is spot on for a superchips remap, everything looks bang on the money. Superchips claim a increase of 44bhp and 60lbft, now if your figures were the standard 237bhp that'll take it up to 281bhp and if your torque is a healthy gain, you must of had over standard quoted torque to reach 300lbft,

Have a look here for more info

http://www.superchips.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&task=searchcat&Itemid=134

Also see post '34 for another stage 1 graph, Deann managed 276bhp, and 319bhp with stage 2

Last edited:

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Thanks for the help guys, no I don't have any access to VAGCOM but it feels great and at a couple of events on the local strip it has shown up a new RS Focus, a EP3 Civic Type R with a Supercharger running 300bhp and sat with my mates 330bhp Subaru Impreza STI.

I would love to get it scanned with VAGCOM at some stage though just for peace of mind and see if there is any leaks etc. How much is VAGCOM to buy?

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Went yesterday to the Vagowners.co.uk RR meet at a new venue in North Bristol, Southwest In Car Tech, they've got a 2WD Maha dyno. Thought it'd be interesting to compare figures, but unfortunately my car produced too much torque and wheelspun after 3500rpm! Was producing 481ft/lb @ 3500rpm so something not quite right..... Going back with 888's on to get more grip soon. Much better cooling fan than TSR Bridgwater so heat soak shouldn't be a problem, just need the grip. Bet the figures will be different anyhow, back to the old dyno lottery thang.......

Cupraken

Southwest Stealth
Apr 10, 2009
Street, Somerset
Thanks for the help guys, no I don't have any access to VAGCOM but it feels great and at a couple of events on the local strip it has shown up a new RS Focus, a EP3 Civic Type R with a Supercharger running 300bhp and sat with my mates 330bhp Subaru Impreza STI.

I would love to get it scanned with VAGCOM at some stage though just for peace of mind and see if there is any leaks etc. How much is VAGCOM to buy?

Try this:
http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/15...g-com-hex-can-usb-inter-forum-group-buy-2010/

Poverty

Your car sounds like its fine to me then going by the results of the run ins you have had.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members