RS6 Alloys refurb - Issues and solution

jamiebennett81

HI All

well I took in a set of Audi RS6 replicas to be refurbished the other week in "bright" silver

picked them up last saturday and was far from impressed. There was a mottled type effect on each of the spokes and over spray from the paint and baring in mind that is an extra £12 to have each wheel in bright silver

£210 including fitting of the tyres in total...far from cheap you say

so..went back today and dropped them off and spoke to the owner (husband and wife type business)

Now when I dropped the wheels off, I said my expectation was not set, that having each wheel done in bright silver shows up some of the defects (as you would get in a 2nd hand wheel) but even more so it exagerates these

what I was annoyed about is them failing to set my expectations in having the wheels done in this colour. When i dropped off the wheels, the owners were not there and only one of the techies was around (they never are very customer focused) so of course he did not advise me of this potential issue and the best colour to have

so when I went back today, she advised the best colour would be to having them in a silver with pearl effect (sparkly basically) and offered at first to re-do the wheels at £140...:(

not impressed, as thats only about £40 cheaper. So after some further "discussion" the wheels are now being redone for £100 with fitting of tyres etc (I guess products i.e. paint still have to be paid for)

not sure who's fault it is, theres for not setting my expectation about the colour showing up any slight defects or mine for not looking at examples of investigating which is the best colour to have

picking them back up on Thursday and will let you know how they come out....hopefully perfect:)

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Surely on an alloy refurb the alloy is prepared to accept a new coat and any defects within the design are sanded/grinded/filled. Sounds from what you describe that this was not done or was done badly.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Sounds like a cowboy job, as D3DNA said, I'd expect the wheels to be sanded, repaired or filled etc... and a decent primer/base coat to be used. The top finish coat should be going on a smooth wheel. I'd not be paying more for something you originally requested.

jamiebennett81

Well hope it gets sorted but what company was it?

witch hunt anyone? hehe

lol no not a witch hunt, as they are willing to redo them (although at a cost) but a considerably reduced cost taking into account cost of paint etc.

if the company correct them and do them to a high standard then I will be happy, as the issue has been talked through and will hopefully be resolved

picking them up on Thursday so more updates, and hopefully pics to follow

to be honest they were very good about it, and nothing got heated, so I am reasonably happy with the situation.

a problem is only a problem if there is no resolution sought from the supplier or at least them meeting you half way. They have met me half way, so now its down to the result of how the wheels come out.:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.