RS6 Replica Alloy problem.

geordiepaul

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
I bought some replica RS6 alloys wheel off someone advertising on eBay. They came quickly and I fitted them this morning. Driving around all day and I got stopped by the police they informed me that my front wheels were illegal as they protuded from the wheel arches.

I've just had the front wheel off to check the offset and noticed that the wheels are 8.5 x 18 and not 8 x 18 as I thought and as they eBay advert said.

Anyone else had this problem. I must admit when I fitted the wheels I thought the tyres didn't fit very well and they looked considerably wider than I thought they would.

I haven't spoken to the guy I bought them from yet that'll have to wait till tomorrow!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
geordiepaul said:
I bought some replica RS6 alloys wheel off someone advertising on eBay. They came quickly and I fitted them this morning. Driving around all day and I got stopped by the police they informed me that my front wheels were illegal as they protuded from the wheel arches.

I've just had the front wheel off to check the offset and noticed that the wheels are 8.5 x 18 and not 8 x 18 as I thought and as they eBay advert said.

Anyone else had this problem. I must admit when I fitted the wheels I thought the tyres didn't fit very well and they looked considerably wider than I thought they would.

I haven't spoken to the guy I bought them from yet that'll have to wait till tomorrow!

Can't recall if mine were 8in or 8.5in on my old car, think they were 8in BUT I had forge 10mm spacers so they would have been close (within 2-3mm) of 8.5in.

Mine were fine, assume therefore your offset is different :shrug:

What size are the tyres 225x40x18

main.php

main.php

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
geordiepaul said:

Lets see some pics of the wheels on the car before we talk any further.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Does anyone remember the Hamlet advert where some guy put Carlos Fandango super wide road wheels on his car? He then drove through a gate and they got ripped off, so he cracked out his Hamlet. That's the mental picture I have until I see photos.

geordiepaul

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
Sorry guys I've had to take the wheels off the car untill they can be replaced. I'll get some photos on them though....they do still have 225/40R18 tyres but the wheels itself stick out over the tyre.

geordiepaul

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
I only paid £499! But they were advertised as 8 x 18" and not 8.5 x 18" which was what I actually got! So they will be replacing them or trading standards will be hearing about it. They have agreed to replace them anyway, just got to wait for stock!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members