running rich problem

jukie

oh wait hold on ive read that properly haha theres things to check in that :) feeewwww !!!!

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Don't worry mate 9 times out of 10 it's the dump valve or a split pipe. :) but in your case as you are running a atmospheric dumpvalve that's probably your problem.

jukie

back to plan A take of crappy dv get decent one then battery hopefully thatl sort it

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
When I had my split r I also had a boost leak tester, I have no leaks what so ever. I'm -0.8 bar on the boost gauge at idle, as soon as I fit the split r, I get problems, also I no how to set it up correctly as awsome gti talked me through it.

jukie

but if its dumping air and sending sum back in theres 50% of air missing isnt that maybe why the ecu is goin ape **** trying to make u for the loss of air :s if that makes sense

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Forgot to add I only ever had it set up 70% recirculating and 30% atmospheric. Tbo I think the split r are poor valves, most people can't run them hybrid, only a handfull can

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
but if its dumping air and sending sum back in theres 50% of air missing isnt that maybe why the ecu is goin ape **** trying to make u for the loss of air :s if that makes sense

No I ran a 50/50 valve for months with no problems so do lots of other people on here.

jukie

hmmm well i shall see on monday wether the dv is the problem as im not used to all this electronic stuff im more ofa old skool lad :p

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
hmmm well i shall see on monday wether the dv is the problem as im not used to all this electronic stuff im more ofa old skool lad :p

If the valve is the problem it will be because it is loosing boost [not enough pressure on valve] not because it is not recirculating the air........as said me and a few other people have run 100% atmospheric valves with no fuelling codes or engine lights coming on.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Good luck m8. The best thing you can do is call forge in the morning as they shut at 12. Order a blanking plate and run your dumpvalve as 100% recirculating, if that works then it's only cost you the price of a blanking plate to fix (£12)
:)

jukie

yeah ill do that cheers for your help fellas much apreciated ill post wat was up with it on monday

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Sorry Adam if it looked like I was battling with you, I wasn't, just trying to stress that I had the same fault and my cure to the problem. My real answer is get an evo and get a nice loud hks bov :D

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Sorry Adam if it looked like I was battling with you, I wasn't, just trying to stress that I had the same fault and my cure to the problem. My real answer is get an evo and get a nice loud hks bov :D

:cartman: No problem mate I was just trying to get across that although quite a few people do have problems with the split R its usually because they are not set up correctly to handle the boost and they leak.

I have a nice HKS for sale ;):cartman:

jukie

not to keen on the evo unless itsa mint evo6 rs which is luush but i think ill stick with the germans atm till i hit 25 and my insurance is lower and i can sel all 4 of my cars and get sumting epic and fast :p but as i said cheers for youre ideas lads and ill let you know wat went wrong with it :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members