Running rough - coilpack?

lmiller

Boost Junkie!
Aug 9, 2011
South East Kent
Well I'm not to sure how often they will go but I suppose you have to expect a few minor problems with remaps. Obviously with more power and strain on the engine it's more likely you will encounter small problems.

As for delivery I ordered my yesterday now as it's 2am as in at 1pm on Monday 6th and they are due today on 7th as I've just checked tracking. Not bad for free delivery!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Recent versions shouldn't really go very often. There are a few cars on here still with very early ones on Stage 2 maps, believe it or not.

If your car is remapped then you can reduce the strain on the coilpacks by using colder grade spark plugs, such as NGK Iridium BKR7EIX.

Coilpacks do still fail on non-remapped cars to though, remember. It's a bit of a lottery really.

The latest "D" version is what they will replace anything earlier than "R" suffix with in the service recall programme.

OK cool, thanks for the info. I'm still happy with my M versions from Awesome though, particularly as they came in cheaper than similar items from a dealer.

rsrich

Aug 23, 2006
www.turnpikeracing.co.uk
Bear in mind that the timeline for revisions of the 06A series (black) and 06C series (red) do not coincide, hence "D" revision is the latest in 06C series (why D comes after R I don't know! LOL) and "M" revision is latest in the 06C series, so they are essentially equivalent.
Previous revisions of 06A were manufactured by Bremi, interestingly both D.rev. 06A and M.rev. 06C are made by Eldor..

interesting reference from Audi - http://12v.org/urs/28E9CoilReplacementCampaign.pdf

Last edited:

tlewis14

sold i think, LMiller, whats yours standard a cupra r 210? if so i wont hesitate to but them straight off the tinternet. i can expect certain things will go over time as with any car, just dont want it turning into a weekly thing of changing them. that is quick delivery for free though. just bought a forge split r splitter diverter dump valve, at the moment ive got a forge permanent re-circulation valve anyone after one before i put it on ebay??

lmiller

Boost Junkie!
Aug 9, 2011
South East Kent
sold i think, LMiller, whats yours standard a cupra r 210? if so i wont hesitate to but them straight off the tinternet. i can expect certain things will go over time as with any car, just dont want it turning into a weekly thing of changing them. that is quick delivery for free though. just bought a forge split r splitter diverter dump valve, at the moment ive got a forge permanent re-circulation valve anyone after one before i put it on ebay??

Myn is a 225 but it states they are for 210 aswel.

lmiller

Boost Junkie!
Aug 9, 2011
South East Kent
5ac6cee1-b62b-886b.jpg

Here's myn. Obviuosly you recieve 4. Pretty smart looking.

tlewis14

Here's myn. Obviuosly you recieve 4. Pretty smart looking.[/QUOTE]

they do look smart, did you only order 2? ive just ordered and paid for mine so hopefully should arrive as quick as yours did. im thinking of ordering a couple spare aswel now.

lmiller

Boost Junkie!
Aug 9, 2011
South East Kent
they do look smart, did you only order 2? ive just ordered and paid for mine so hopefully should arrive as quick as yours did. im thinking of ordering a couple spare aswel now.

Na I ordered 4! Only one of myn failed so 3 of the old ones still work so I will keep them as spares in the boot just incase :)

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Would faulty coil pack(s) causing revs to fluctuate or drop when coming to a stand still?

lmiller

Boost Junkie!
Aug 9, 2011
South East Kent
Would faulty coil pack(s) causing revs to fluctuate or drop when coming to a stand still?

Don't quote me on this bit before I fitted my new ones today myn on idling was a tad rough, revs only fluctuated a bit though but since new ones it idles so smoothly. Don't go buying them on my info though as others on here will be able to give you better information.

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Already done that mate, made car worse for severap mile, ran like crap on tickover then eventualy sorted it self.

tlewis14

Did my coilpacks today, was a bit off a faf especially at -1 and with it starting to get dark but got them fitted and it runs sweet :)[/QUOTE]

mate these look mega smart!! longest part is putting all the kit back on over 3 + 4 aint it. need to source a magnetic 5mm allen key i think, nearly lost a few fixings last time i attempted it in the dark lol

lmiller

Boost Junkie!
Aug 9, 2011
South East Kent
mate these look mega smart!! longest part is putting all the kit back on over 3 + 4 aint it. need to source a magnetic 5mm allen key i think, nearly lost a few fixings last time i attempted it in the dark lol

Yeh what I would have done fora magnetic Allen key, I nearly lost a few bolts myself. Also had trouble getting the connections off the coilpacks, broke one of the clips! Pushed it back on and was quite snug so hope it stays on ok. I noticed it ticks over alot smoother than it did previously aswel. Happy with it just don't want them to go again soon as it cost me over a tank of fuels worth for parts and the hassle of doing it lol!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise