S3 intercooler For Cupra

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
Hi,

Advice please.

Do I have to buy the S3 lower pipes... or can I modify the current Cupra pipes for the S3 Intercooler installation.

Thx

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes you need S3 pipes as the fitments are different. You also need bolts to fix the core assemblies together.

tom-cupra

...i am waiting on S3 IC, and i think also that you need pipes for the installation!

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Would someone be so kind as to explain the average cost of this upgrade along with the gians it achieves.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Would someone be so kind as to explain the average cost of this upgrade along with the gians it achieves.

Cost depends on where you buy the core, pipes and bolts from and who fits it.

You should get the assembly for about £300 including pipes. If doing it yourself, thats all it costs, If you get someone to do it for you, be sure they have done one before as the first one takes about 5 hours, but it takes about 2 hours per each one after that.

Gains are going to be achieved courtesy of the approx 20% drop in inlet temperatures and this would mean that running higher boost would be better managed :)

Cars with uprated intercoolers seem to perform better on the rolling roads vs similar cars with no uprated intercooler.

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
easy ish job to do if you take your time and you dont mind your car looking like this
s3icinstall004.jpg

i paid £276 for mine with pipes

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members