safe code

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
rite lads after fixin my issue with my gti not startin i had to disconnect the battery which then put the standard head unit into safe mode, i have the 4 digit number but what do i press after i put it in?? so the headunit comes bak on.

Cheers

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
in the manual it says to press and hold the PTY buttton. but i found that to be untrue, as soon as you have entered the last digit it should come straight back on. if it doesnt you may have the wrong code (like i did) which i had to go back to the stealers to find out

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
press button 1 untill you get the right number on the screen then the same with button 2 for the second 3 for the third n 4 for the fourth then either press pty or radio
hope this works for you

RichardMurkin

Sep 12, 2008
Normanton (wakefield)
could it have been changed when i disconnected the battery then? how do i go about gettin a new code frm dealers and how much of my hard earned cash are they gunna rape me of??

cheers

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
have you ever needed to put the code in before? if this is the first time you have disconnected the battery then the code you have (if its in your manual or whatever is wrong)...if you have typed the code before then just disconnecting the battery wont of altered the code, it does say in the manual that you have to hold the PTY button but i never had to do that ...this is why i assumed it was the wrong code.

i had the wrong code in mine and i had to go to the dealer for them to find me the correct code as they totally screwed around with the manuals

after you tried this you have got to wait AT LEAST an hour with the ignition on to re do it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.