Sat nav wouldn’t load

Nov 20, 2021
A new problem. Yesterday car was fine on outward journey but on return i couldn’t get Satnav to load screen just said please wait….. radio etc all working fine so I switched off infotainment and after 30secs switched it on again still the same so after a mile or so redid this twice more, no different. I then tried stopping and turning off engine for a minute or so, still Satnav wouldn’t load but after getting home and leaving it about 70 mins sitting on the drive retried it and came on OK.
Incidentally last week my Infotainment system was still switching itself off and then restarting itself at intermittent intervals. This happened a few times on Sun, Mon and Tues but all other journeys last week had no issues, apart from this new one Yesterda. Still haven’t heard anything from my dealer about a factory fix on my infotainment switch off issue ….

Tell

Staff member
A new problem. Yesterday car was fine on outward journey but on return i couldn’t get Satnav to load screen just said please wait….. radio etc all working fine so I switched off infotainment and after 30secs switched it on again still the same so after a mile or so redid this twice more, no different. I then tried stopping and turning off engine for a minute or so, still Satnav wouldn’t load but after getting home and leaving it about 70 mins sitting on the drive retried it and came on OK.
Incidentally last week my Infotainment system was still switching itself off and then restarting itself at intermittent intervals. This happened a few times on Sun, Mon and Tues but all other journeys last week had no issues, apart from this new one Yesterda. Still haven’t heard anything from my dealer about a factory fix on my infotainment switch off issue ….
Your 70 mins off falls within the 20 mins power down that Mib infotainment units work to. Pretty sure Mib3 will be the same, thats how it fixed itself. A forced reboot of holding the on/off switch till you see the screen come up, let go may have achieved the same.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members