Saturday Convoy and Camping at Brands....29/30 March

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Last time out (at Thruxton) my lantern died, so to make sure we can all still find our beer once the sun has gone down I have bought a new one. On the internet it looked the same size as the old one, but this is what arrived....

P3190340B.jpg

Should be able to light up half the camp site! (and hopfully kick out some heat, could be a cold weekend for camping)

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Traditionally we have met at Uttoxeter Mcdonalds at 10am , over to Donnington around 11am.

Does anyone have any objections of leaving earlier, so we can try and avoid the traffic and grab a good place on the campsite over by the trees, rather than being in the middle.

Maybe 8am at Mcdonalds, ??

martycr

Seat Vodka
Mar 6, 2006
Coventry
Traditionally we have met at Uttoxeter Mcdonalds at 10am , over to Donnington around 11am.

Does anyone have any objections of leaving earlier, so we can try and avoid the traffic and grab a good place on the campsite over by the trees, rather than being in the middle.

Maybe 8am at Mcdonalds, ??

I'm easy really, earlier would be good, we always end up getting there late and not have enough time for drinking. :drunk: It would be nice to have a spot by the trees for a change. Less distance for wood gathering.

I will meet up at Watford Gap as always, so when you work out what time you are starting, I will be at my pick-up on time.

Chilli and baked potatoes is on the menu :drool:

Hirdmeister

I'm making only my 2nd trip to Brands - will be camping on Friday night and saturday night... got a yellow FR TDi - probably next to a Black Audi A6 or another to be confirmed vehicle... probably be found ragging an orange ZS 1:10 scale Team RAC BTCC car round some smooth tarmac on saturday evening.

If anyone sees me, say hello...

looking forward to a good weekend.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I'm making only my 2nd trip to Brands - will be camping on Friday night and saturday night... got a yellow FR TDi - probably next to a Black Audi A6 or another to be confirmed vehicle... probably be found ragging an orange ZS 1:10 scale Team RAC BTCC car round some smooth tarmac on saturday evening.

If anyone sees me, say hello...

looking forward to a good weekend.

Mate you wont miss us, we will be the ones with the xmas lights tied to the flag pole, see you there for a beer or 2.....

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Well that was another camping weekend out the way, and another weekend we probably wont forget in a hurry.......

Camping in late March obviously you expect to be cold , but mixed with a lot of rain in a field that had more mud than grass you can imagine it wasnt pleasant. But we werent going to let this spoil it and we soldiered on.

Good Points:

Vodka Melon - A truly excellent idea by Hairy,
Vodka Jelly - A truly excellent idea by Hairy !
Chille - A tradition adopted by Mart, excellent again

Bad Points:

The Mud
The Rain
The Mud
The Rain

And just when you thought the weekend couldnt get any worse, along comes Mr Cupracar, Keith had been trusted to look after the SCN Hospitality Unit, a trust that is not often given out. Arriving on South Bank Sunday morning, Keith passes me the Gazebo bag. Unfortunatly due to his memory not being what it used to be, he forgot to pack the heavy POLE bag !. So we had to trudge back to the camp site to get the reserve tent. Obviously we made Keith carry it as a punishment for his Gross error. !

Noobies in the form of John and Sarah joined us this weekend, but unfortunatly they had no staying power and decided to head back Sunday.

But roll on the next one, reminders will be given to those entrusted with responsibility.

Hirdmeister

I saw your guys pole and xmas tree lights, we were in the middle of the campsite - we came back from the track, went to the supermarket and decided on the way back that we would try and get a hotel - so after ringing up wives, we managed to get a twin room in Maidstone for the night - couldnt handle a night like Friday which was bitterly, bitterly cold!!

Wont be camping in March ever again!

nibbles

And Impreza
I would agree it was awful weather and the worst camping ever but still had a good time.Probably will have to think twice if the weather is like that again espeacially after spending hours cleaning my car to get stuck 10 feet of the track in the mud [:@] and making the car twice as heavy :censored:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise