SD card for Navigation

Feb 6, 2020
Hi, sorry if this question has already been asked! Can't seem to find an answer.

I've recently bought a 2013 Leon SC FR, from a private seller. Unfortunately this hasn't come with the SD card needed for navigation and I've only just noticed. The seller says they no longer have this, and didn't have this beforehand (the car has had around 4 owners now). From what I can gather, I need to order a new SD card from Seat but I have no idea how to go about this, or which SD card I would even need.

Would someone please be able to point me in the right (and preferably cheapest hahah) direction?

Thanks! ☺️

Wilkesy

May 1, 2018
seen people buy them off ebay with pre installed maps on them but with your model being a bit older im not sure. Might be taking £130

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I had same issue last year if you ring your local seat parts dealer they will order one specific to your car can't remember exactly how much they charged but i'm sure it was in the region of £60

Last edited:

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
I had same issue last year if you ring your local seat parts dealer they will order one specific to your car can't remember exactly how much they charged but I'm sure it was in the region of £60
That sounds cheap to me. I enquired about a new card last year (I was interested in updating to the latest maps) and I was quoted close to £160, including the coding to the car.

Not sure if they do old versions, I would think they only stock the latest version.

You can probably get a secondhand car off eBay and pay the dealer to code it. This might save a bit but I'm not sure anyone else can do the coding.

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
That sounds cheap to me. I enquired about a new card last year (I was interested in updating to the latest maps) and I was quoted close to £160, including the coding to the car.

Not sure if they do old versions, I would think they only stock the latest version.

You can probably get a secondhand car off eBay and pay the dealer to code it. This might save a bit but I'm not sure anyone else can do the coding.
Mine was a straight slot it in myself did not need coding at all it is weird how dealers do things differently all I know each SD card has different versions and they are assigned to a specific MIB unit

Feb 6, 2020
Mine was a straight slot it in myself did not need coding at all it is weird how dealers do things differently all I know each SD card has different versions and they are assigned to a specific MIB unit
Thanks everyone! I’ll speak to Seat as that seems the best bet to have it all done in one haha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.