Seat Arosa Sport Query?

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Guys I currently have a arosa on a R plate (mk1) and is the 1.0 Mpi so great on fuel etc but bit poor performance wise, which would you would expect :)

How much difference in performance do you really get from the 1.4 sport arosa? in terms of speed, power (feel), mpg, insurance?

Hope someone can advise :whistle:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it's a world apart performance wise... it has like twice the power.. better brakes, more grip.

The short gearing won't give phenomenal mpg, but what do you expect? it won't be shocking though

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Basically you go from 50bhp to 100bhp in pretty much the same weight of car - but much of the rest is not hugely upgraded, so still a bit wallowy, but better brakes :)

darth_vader_helmet

Mar 26, 2008
Basically you go from 50bhp to 100bhp in pretty much the same weight of car - but much of the rest is not hugely upgraded, so still a bit wallowy, but better brakes :)

I have been thinking of selling up now and getting a saloon but may actually get the 1.4 sport or hold of and keep the 1.0 for a little longer...

Tricky one :)

Suprising how attached you get to the arosa as I could have sold her twice now but didnt lol

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
I have the sport and yes, drive wise its a different class. I wouldnt say world apart but way better.

When I was after an Arosa I wasnt really looking for a specific one but found a place 40 mile from where I lived with two for sale. A 1.0l and the sport.

I tried them both and it didnt take me long to decide!

three years on and it been a sound car so i kept it. Was only going to keep it a few months but it very reliable.

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
If you want more power and good mpg the 1.4TDI is a good allrounder, it feels more powerful than the petrol 1.4 and is in a lower ins. group.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise