Seat broke my steering (i think)

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Ok so a few weeks back took my car into seat, they sorted my prob and gave car back to me
Today; get in car, start engine go to pull off drive and then give myself a hernia cause I have NO steering! :-o

So look under car and power fluid all over drive! damm!
Check under car and see nothing due to sump cover.
Try to move cover and it breaks in half [:@] (which works out well in end) :rolleyes:
Right where it broke I could see my hose has been sliced through by the cooling fan; cause (some how :wtf: ) it had managed to come off the clip that holds it away from the fan? (How could this happen?)
Any way so ring seat (I have no proof of them doing this to my car so I don’t even bother getting into argument:whistle: ) and get told they cant check out the car unless they do diagnostics @ £61.?? + VAT!!:lol:
I told them I could see prob :) they said no can do.:cry:
So decide to do it myself!
Get through to parts find the part (am told 1jo422881j) @£16 +VAT not bad don’t mind paying that :clap: . 2 days wait (tad annoying)

But now my problem is as follows? Can I just fix the pipe fill with new fluid and drive or do i need some special machine for power fluid e.g. brake fluid re-fil ??
:headhurt:

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
just fix the pipe and fill it up again, turn the steering left to right and back a good few times, will prob be noisey at first but should be quiet after a few times! Try and leave the car on stands while doing this. (so not to wreck your tyres!)

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
just fix the pipe and fill it up again, turn the steering left to right and back a good few times, will prob be noisey at first but should be quiet after a few times! Try and leave the car on stands while doing this. (so not to wreck your tyres!)

Cheers BCM

& excellent advice about the stands, will do!

The steering might not come back straight away. I remember when i changed the power steering pump on my saxo i thought the new pump i fitted was dodgy until suddenly it started working (about 10 mins it took to start working).

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
The steering might not come back straight away. I remember when i changed the power steering pump on my saxo i thought the new pump i fitted was dodgy until suddenly it started working (about 10 mins it took to start working).

Right ok, well i'll have all night to sit their and go left right left right left right left right left right left right my labour is ooooo about £70 per hour cheaper then seats! lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members