Seat Connect Lock / Unlock feature

sarafianl

May 25, 2021
Worcester Park
Hi All,

This is an informational post.

I wanted to get the seat connect door lock / unlock feature enabled on the app and for other app users of our car. I was continually prompted by the app about a security requirement where the dealerships have to verify your identity before the feature can be activated. I had a lot of problem here around London where the dealerships had no clue how to do it. I've managed to get this resolved now and wanted to share the process.

If you’re nearest service centre does not know how to enable the feature then give Seat customer services a call. There number is on the main seat website and they were pretty helpful with me. Escalate the point that your local service centre needs help. They will then push the service centre to look into this for you and read the Seat articles. The service centre may ask you to being the car over but that’s not necessary. The service centre just needs to go on the Seat portal and activate this for you, however you must provide them with proof of your driving license. No other ID is accepted. Once activated for the primary user all other users get automatically activated at the same time.

Seems as though Seat have brought out this feature but did not train the UK dealers on the step by step process.

gumpy321

Jun 7, 2021
On my VW through the We connect app, I had to go through a video call and show my driving license on that. This was all pre covid too. Literally took 10 mins.

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
Thats handy to know, would this work for a First edition too? I heard something about these don't have the right module installed for it to work, and I don't have any option for the lock and unlock in the app, only what the current status is (or is this what is then enabled?)

sarafianl

May 25, 2021
Worcester Park
Thats handy to know, would this work for a First edition too? I heard something about these don't have the right module installed for it to work, and I don't have any option for the lock and unlock in the app, only what the current status is (or is this what is then enabled?)
I'm not sure Tommy if different trims get the feature or not. My one is an xcellence lux and I could see the pad locks on the app.
Id imagine if you don't see the pad locks on the app then it's not supported on that trim.

I've attached what it looks like post activation.

Screenshot_20210611-205925_SEAT CONNECT.jpg

Screenshot_20210611-210153_SEAT CONNECT.jpg

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
I'm not sure Tommy if different trims get the feature or not. My one is an xcellence lux and I could see the pad locks on the app.
Id imagine if you don't see the pad locks on the app then it's not supported on that trim.

I've attached what it looks like post activation.

View attachment 25166

View attachment 25167
That’s super thank you, yours looks the same as mine just I don’t have the arrow to show there are any options, so maybe it will work if I try and ask them the activate it? That’s what it shows in my app below

Attachments

• 478D640B-EFE5-4D58-B086-539E481556B0.jpeg
    478D640B-EFE5-4D58-B086-539E481556B0.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 170

sarafianl

May 25, 2021
Worcester Park
That’s super thank you, yours looks the same as mine just I don’t have the arrow to show there are any options, so maybe it will work if I try and ask them the activate it? That’s what it shows in my app below
If you press unlock is it prompting for further identification? If it is then just a case of a service center opening it up on there portal .

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
If you press unlock is it prompting for further identification? If it is then just a case of a service center opening it up on there portal .
No nothing happens when I try to click the box, I don’t have the arrow like you do or like on the horn and turn signal box below. I’m guessing mine won’t allow it but it’s worth asking to find out :D

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Thanks for this explanation. Based on this I went into a local dealer today. At first the guy didn't know anything about it. I told him what you said above and he spent 10 minutes on the dealer system. He then confirmed that they could do it with my driving licence but 'the system is currently down'. Annoying!

Jun 16, 2021
Thanks for this explanation. Based on this I went into a local dealer today. At first the guy didn't know anything about it. I told him what you said above and he spent 10 minutes on the dealer system. He then confirmed that they could do it with my driving licence but 'the system is currently down'. Annoying!
I'm booked in to Seat Stockport on Monday - hopefully they can sort mine!

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
Been in to do this today and the dealer did not have access. They were really good and showed me all the steps and what to do. They said I was not the first to ask about it. I also have no data connection on the car the world is grey on the top right. We tried 3 cars and all were the same.

Jun 16, 2021
Been in to do this today and the dealer did not have access. They were really good and showed me all the steps and what to do. They said I was not the first to ask about it. I also have no data connection on the car the world is grey on the top right. We tried 3 cars and all were the same.
My data connection and app work all fine - but when I try the lock it brings up the visit dealer to finish Seat Ident process or something

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
After a chat to the one person at seat assistance who works with seat connect the system it was down from some time on Thursday till some time over the weekend. Mine is back up and working now. Seat assistance also unlocked the app to allow for honk and lights via email by sending a copy my drivers licence.

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
After asking seat UK, lock unlock is only on cars built after week 4 November 2020.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.