Seat cordoba 1.4 gearbox swap

Apr 10, 2022
Hey people. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on my Seat Cordoba 1.4 2001. So couple a days ago strange kicks appeard under the hood. As I figured out it was a gearbox, so now I have to change it. So by the chance I thought If I could swap it for not the same I got before (It's FFE code) because it got whery short gears. For example on 5 gear 90 km/h it's 3k rpm, thats loading the engine and beating fuel consumption, as the gas prices are no joke anymore:). Mabe there is any database with analogs of my gearbox that can fit on my car, or mabe somebody have done this before and could help me with advice. Thanks everybody

bete noir

Green Meanie
Dec 11, 2008
Last Resort
The best VAG gear ratio data I have found is VW Technic. Click the diagram and it takes you to a spreadsheet for download. However, I had a quick look and I could not find gearbox code FFE in there, sadly the spreadsheet is VW focused. However, if you know the 'type' (e.g. 02J, 02K etc) then you can use the speed in gears calculator to work out what code might be right for you.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.