Seat Customer Service :o) *Update + resolved*

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I had a reply to my intial email pretty standard reply but nothing on how and why my order was cocked up anyway here is the very helpful reply :shrug: I wonder if there is a cover up or me being cynical :confused:

"Dear Mr Green,

Thank you for your email.

Sorry for the delay in responding, this is due to the very high volumes of enquiries we are receiving at the moment.

Just to clarify the SEAT media system can not be retrofitted because the dash wiring loom is incompatible along with dashboard fascia. To change and or modify these parts would be very expensive and time consuming."

Now I know the wiring loom has the extra GPS cable but nothing else??????

Seem like those of you that retrofitted on the pre FL Leon have performed a magic trick :cartman:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
sounds like they are trying to fob you off! Why dont you bring it to there attention that you know of cases were they have been retro fitted

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I had a reply to my intial email pretty standard reply but nothing on how and why my order was cocked up anyway here is the very helpful reply :shrug: I wonder if there is a cover up or me being cynical :confused:

"Dear Mr Green,

Thank you for your email.

Sorry for the delay in responding, this is due to the very high volumes of enquiries we are receiving at the moment.

Just to clarify the SEAT media system can not be retrofitted because the dash wiring loom is incompatible along with dashboard fascia. To change and or modify these parts would be very expensive and time consuming."

Now I know the wiring loom has the extra GPS cable but nothing else??????

Seem like those of you that retrofitted on the pre FL Leon have performed a magic trick :cartman:
it all depends who replied , seat customer care is an outsourced call centre , so in reality it depends who asked the question internally and who answered the question , tbh i think you have been fobbed off as you say other members have already fitted it.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
At the end of the day mate youve spec'd it i think, and the agreements been signed , so they have to fit it or find a way regardless of cost.

i think im on the right lines here but i could be thinking of someone elses problem.

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
At the end of the day mate youve spec'd it i think, and the agreements been signed , so they have to fit it or find a way regardless of cost. i think im on the right lines here but i could be thinking of someone elses problem.

i agree . You have the signed contract that they will supply what they agreed. End of story!

If they screwed up it is there tough luck and will cost them.

Similar thing happend when i bought a 4 wheel drive. The sales man screwed up on the price i ordered it and when they realised because i had got the contract signed the manage said it was going down as there own loss.

Stick to your guns and tell them you want what you ordered.

Either fit it or get me new car with, and you will use the one you got now till its here.!:censored:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I still inted to fight on I know they are talking rubbish the only extra in the wiring loom is the GPS lead. Which can be fitted into the dash and does not need to be put into the headlining. It is the same reply I got via the Master Tech at M1 auto's :ban:

I have sent a letter to see if I can have the RNS310 at cost price and fit it myself as well although it is not on the ETKA yet and not sure when the next update is due????

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Have you abandoned plans on fitting the RNS510? Maybe you could go to the citizens advice and see what they say. I remember having problems with comet a few years ago and getting nowhere speaking to the muppets instore. In the end I sent a letter via recorded delivery addressed to the managing director (You could easily find their name) and the day after it arrived I had a call from someone at comet head office resolving the issue. Maybe worth a try.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Have you abandoned plans on fitting the RNS510? Maybe you could go to the citizens advice and see what they say. I remember having problems with comet a few years ago and getting nowhere speaking to the muppets instore. In the end I sent a letter via recorded delivery addressed to the managing director (You could easily find their name) and the day after it arrived I had a call from someone at comet head office resolving the issue. Maybe worth a try.

Nope looking at both options and see which works out the cheapest. The RNS510 will work but will have to have VW not SEAT software. As the SEAT unit will not accept firmware C unless you change it to a Skoda or VW unit via the hardward number so end up with a VW or Skoda spalsh screen.

A recorede letter is my next step and a letter to Whatcar I still want to know why the order got cocked up in the first place and get accountabillity from SEAT or are staying tight lipped about it all :censored:

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Ring Trading Standards at your Local Council re Sale of Goods Act.

Under the Sale of Goods Act, the dealer should resolve the problem, with a refund, repair or replacement if the vehicle was defective when sold.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
to be fair i think you need to deal with the dealer you have the contract with.
SEAT are just the importer into the country , the order and contract you had is with the dealership and all correspondance should be going to them , if they say that they cant help you then , the options you are talking about still need to go to them.

They can and should speak to seat on your behalf to resolve the issue but unless you can prove it was actually seats fault and not the dealers who caused the problem , but saying that your dealer should be working in your intrest.

personlly i would have rejected the car and re ordered a new one and told them you want a courtesey car at their expense.
the whole thing leaves a bad taste in your mouth though :-(

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
to be fair i think you need to deal with the dealer you have the contract with.
SEAT are just the importer into the country , the order and contract you had is with the dealership and all correspondance should be going to them , if they say that they cant help you then , the options you are talking about still need to go to them.

They can and should speak to seat on your behalf to resolve the issue but unless you can prove it was actually seats fault and not the dealers who caused the problem , but saying that your dealer should be working in your intrest.

personlly i would have rejected the car and re ordered a new one and told them you want a courtesey car at their expense.
the whole thing leaves a bad taste in your mouth though :-(

SEAT uk also deal with the order to send to the factory were the **** up was made. The dealer to be fair did everything they could of and SEAT uk cocked up and I want to find out why and how. Dealer have spoken to SEAT not just about me but another custoner with the same issue.

Tried all of that and the dealer said SEAT would not honour my exisitng price and be charged £600 extra. They did ring SEAT and they just handed the problem back to the dealer. Due to the discount I had on the car the dealer would actually loose money. So decided to take the car and work back from there as not having the media system is annoying but not like wrong colour.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I saw yesterday within a thread contact details (email) for various Seat people could you post these up again as I cannot find the post :(

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Fab thanks for that your a star Paulie B [B)]

M1 Auto's seem to be very slow getting our cheque back and customer service won't give us a decent answer Grrrrr

Why does that not surprise me? i am leaving the SEAT fold , good product absolute rubbish customer support and satisfaction.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
wonder should Gary Wells be included too, since hes head of UK aftersales ?

[email protected]

Might want to also play on the following ;

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/SEAT/site/SEATService/commitments/main.html

"Buying a SEAT means trusting in SEAT. Owning a SEAT is a unique
experience, even if you aren’t behind the steering wheel.

We at SEAT Service® for instance make it our responsibility to ensure your
peace of mind and comfort at all times, and to take care of your needs with
excellent service right down to the smallest of details.

This is where our brand’s 10 commitments to quality come in: So you know
that you can count on us 100%.

Welcome to SEAT Service®. You do the driving. We take care of the rest.

Visit your local SEAT website for information on your country’s commitments.

SEAT Service®. Enjoy the road.
"

Last edited:

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.

"
"
What a load of B@@LL@CKS

Whoever wrote that is on drugs if they were talking about the same SEAT customer service me and many others have come across.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
"
What a load of B@@LL@CKS

Whoever wrote that is on drugs if they were talking about the same SEAT customer service me and many others have come across.

Tell me about it, £250 for new rear discs after 1.5 years due to massive corrosion and pitting, apparently thats normal wear and tear.

I think the main problem now is because SEAT is all franchised in the UK, the dealers have to cough up and not SEAT UK, so they are very reluctant to even bother anymore.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
wonder should Gary Wells be included too, since hes head of UK aftersales ?

[email protected]

Might want to also play on the following ;

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/SEAT/site/SEATService/commitments/main.html

"

HAHAHAHAHA just seen what the 10 commitments were , "transparency" being one of them , well i can tell you now this is not what they stick to , in fact i can comment on the remaining 9 , but to be fair to them "mobility" they have always kept me mobile , but with my car in the garagre for 13 weeks on one stint its a good job they did !

btw my sig says it all.

Last edited: