Seat Customer Service

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
As some of you may well know i was involved in an accident in december!

Well just to let you know i still haven't got my car back.:censored:

And after nearly two months i am at the end of my tether!!!

my insurance chosen repairer has had a problem getting hold of the parts to repair my car and its been over five weeks for them to get hold of the parts for a new bumper!

its not that simple as the main part they have been waiting for is a bumper panel ( not an official name ) but its the part that the bumper connects to on the chassis that they are waiting for! anyway its been nearly two months and iv been given over six completing dates and iv nearly come to the end of my tether!

My repairer says it the parts supplier who's not coming up with the goods, who is their local seat dealer, not a main dealer but a service and parts supplier.

as for my main dealer they said my repairer wanted to use them but have not been able to set up an account yet even though they are quite willing to take my car as part exchange for a new seat Altea for when ever my car is complete.

anyhow i sent Seat customer Service an Email yesterday describing my situation and stating that iv been waiting nearly two months for my car and that iv put a deposit down for a new Altea and within 24 Hours iv received an phone call stating that they are investigating my dilemma, which is to me as astounding customer service! as this afternoon ( and not just a coincidence ) my repairer called to say they have received the major part they are waiting for and my car should be ready half way through next week and they are only waiting for my fog light assembly.

on another note i sent my insurer a letter stating why they chose a repairer who did not have the parts to repair my vehicle and why i only had two weeks of curtsy car!!!

as iv had to call on all sorts of favours to get myself to work in the last four weeks and so far they have not responded! and when iv phoned them asking why i only been offered two weeks of hire car even though my car is taking a lot longer to repair their response was two weeks of hire car is an average of how long it takes to repair a car but when i explain to them that two weeks is only an average and not reality and i need the hire car for longer they were not interested!!!.

what i would like to know from the rest of you is do i have a case with my insurer and what can i do about my repairer.

As for Seat customer car i am at the moment very impressed:)

N

markirel

faster on 2-wheels
Apr 7, 2006
Midlands
I was hit from the rear in Nov '05 and my repairer had a difficult time obtaining parts as well. Probably similar parts: bumper, bumper support, exhaust heat shield, rear fog, plus a couple of others. Took 5-weeks in the end but I had a courtesy car all the way through. It is a very good repair so I was pleased at the end. Sounds like your having a raw deal with your insurer and I would definately have a go unless there policy is clear on limiting the duration of a courtesy and hire car.

I had a tolly v5 before the Altea and when my dealer wasn't performing (they still don't) I found that the Seat Service Centre supreme. Like you within 24-hours everything was sorted and FOC (new radio and owners manual). Great customer service and its only a shame that my dealer can't be this responsive.

dlm2310

Rocco Is God !!
Dec 17, 2006
West Yorkshire
I love my Altea but am sorry to say I won't be getting another.

Although I've not had an accident touch wood it seems sourcing of the parts are a joke.

I had to wait 4 months for a new alarm sensor !!! In the end the garage had to take it off a new Altea on the forecourt.

Tell

Staff member
When my previous car got badly shunted parked outside my house with me watch TV wrecking the front of it by a driver smashing into another car parked in front then making off, in the morning I had it shipped of to the dealer I used which wasn't what the insurance company would have wanted when I phoned them, tough.

The priority I thought was to get it moved off the road to the dealer for repair. I did say you can take it away from there if you want, but the insurance company went out and had a look and were happy with the quote. They didn't however repair everything, like they left me with a bent radiator. So I was a bit naughty in forcing the situation so it defaulted to a main dealer, it wasn't a Seat car.

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
I had a bump and the parts took 4 months to arrive. Customer Service were okay BUT they cannot really change things.. It down to the factory I guess.

They did listen and were sympathetic (even threw in a free service) but overall the availability of body spares does seem an issue. i wonder if they take second place to VW on shared parts?

My big delay was headlight (Xeon) and headlight washer covers (they said factory had burnt down!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.