seat dealer to fix my leak?

peck10

Aug 6, 2013
Nick, if that's ok mate I think I will take you up on that offer! I'm around Monday or Tuesday evening next week or I could do next Sunday afternoon whichever suits you best.

Ryan, I'm in a platinum grey lcr reg is gy04 ynp! Also I'm up for a mini meet if nick is down for it lol ;)

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
Perfect I'm Y489 GTC, You'll probably know it's me by the boost leak I've still not found yet but meh it still goes ok lol.

Fingers crossed Nick's up for a mini meet lol, I've got plenty of the Butyl Tape hopefully there'll be enough to go round if you've not got yours lol :)

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
Sorry for slow reply boys. I'm working till 5 all next week but if you have light or want to meet in a lit inside car park that's fine or we can wait till next weekend? How many doors need doing ASAP?

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
That's cool no worries, it's my front passenger side which lets out a waterfall when you open the door and my drivers side
footwell is damp so I'm guessing that one could do with it but my back doors don't seem to be a problem yet :).

I'm just thinking would it be best to meet in Chi multi storey that's fairly undercover / well lit so could be handy to do it if you're around this way and it's ok with yourself / Peck?

Cheers

Ryan

peck10

Aug 6, 2013
Yeh I'm fine for whatever is easiest for you guys. As I say I'm around monday or tuesday evening or next sunday afternoon. Chi multistory sounds a good shout if Nick is cool with that.
I haven't actually double checked as to which door it is but my whole passenger side is a lake so could be 2 doors but I will try and confirm.

Last edited:

wildrides

Dec 27, 2013
I bet when you bought a Mk1 you did not think you would be meeting in carparks to discuss water ingress

or be part of the governments strategic drought contingency emergency water tanker fleet:D

Oct 15, 2013
Midhurst, West Sussex
I bet when you bought a Mk1 you did not think you would be meeting in carparks to discuss water ingress

or be part of the governments strategic drought contingency emergency water tanker fleet:D

That's very true although I must shamefully admit I wasn't even thinking of a Leon when I was looking at replacing my old Celica lol. I was looking at Clio Sport 172's, the Civic VTi or an FTO but the Leon / boost got mentioned and I wanted one haha

Garnaby

Sep 25, 2012
Blackpool
Ive only had my LC for a week and the passenger footwell is wet but drivers side is ok Im gonna try the pollen filter housing first then the door!

andycupra

status subject to change
id help too if i was in the right area.
its the sort of job that with the right tools and a bit of previous experience you can do in 15 mins per door.
but also one where if you rush it, it may fail. - a bit extra time taken to remove the old crap properly will pay back later :eek:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members