Seat Flip Key - Head/Key part.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Does the seat flip key part of the fob contain the immobiliser chip?.

The top part of the remote that comes off and has the key attached!.

The reason being I have just bought a new button part as a spare, switched over the key head from my working fob and programmed the spare remote part for the CL as per the manual.

However when the key was placed into the car ignition and turned, the car started as normal.

I have ordered some key blanks to be cut and am waiting to source any new top part off another fob so I can assemble the whole thing and have a full new spare fob.

I was told the key would need to be coded by the dealer for the immobiliser and was told this would be £46.

The other normal non-flip key I have, has the immobiliser chip in the glass tube and inside the key as normal.

So is the chip contained in the top part of the flip key part or not?.

Thanks

Allan

Last edited:

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The immobiliser chip should be glued to the part of the key that holds the blade, as it should be associated with the lock. The upper part is the remote locking control, a completely separate system as far as the car is concerned.

Remote locking is a convenience, a nice extra, that can be bypassed with the physical key.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
The immobiliser chip should be glued to the part of the key that holds the blade, as it should be associated with the lock. The upper part is the remote locking control, a completely separate system as far as the car is concerned.

Remote locking is a convenience, a nice extra, that can be bypassed with the physical key.

Thanks for the info. I take it now i have matched the lower part of the fob with the correct frequency and it works it does not matter what top part of the fob I get, whether it be vw/skoda/seat etc.... as long as I can get a key cut and fit the blade. The chip inside can be coded to my immobiliser?

dj_hektik

LEON 20VT FR
Thanks for the info. I take it now i have matched the lower part of the fob with the correct frequency and it works it does not matter what top part of the fob I get, whether it be vw/skoda/seat etc.... as long as I can get a key cut and fit the blade. The chip inside can be coded to my immobiliser?

lamborghini and bentley keys should be OK too. :D But then again i'm sure they are at least 300 quid

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
r6_allan wrote

Not sure which part you are calling upper and which part lower.

One part holds the key blade and the immobiliser chip - I have called that the lower part as it is nearest the lock istelf. The key blade must match the locks, and all the locks must be the same (door, boot, ignition) The immobiliser chip can be registered to the ECU by a dealer. The registration process wipes the ECU's "key" memory, so all the keys you want to be associated with the ECU must be on hand when the registering is redone.

The other part of the key, the handle that attaches to your keyring, has the remote locking transmitter in it. This can be registered with your locking system by the well-documented two-key-dance, provided that it operates on the same frequency as your car's locks. Not all VAG remote locking key-fobs operate on the same frequency, so be careful.

Rookwise

Meeeep Meeeeep !!!!!
Except in the case of my Leon I've got the original 433Mhz key and also a SEAT 434Mhz flip key fully working with the remote locking/unlocking.

With regards to the immobiliser. If your not going to use your old standard remote key. Take the immobiliser chip out of it (it just slides out. not fixed in too tight) and put into the blade section of the flip key. Get the blade cut which should cost no more than £10 and you will have a fully working front section and saved yourself £46

I did the above to my keys and all works with no problems at all.

J4TT

Hi

Sorry to go off topic..

But iv managed to brake the actual blade in half on my Remote Key. would it be possible to just get the blade and get it cut and put on my existing key?

If so would i have to get the blade from seat? or any key cutters?

Cheers

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Guys - The silver bit that attaches to the keyring on the remote section of my key has busted so I may try and replace this section.

Will any 434mhz section work?

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
As far as I know the loop part is moulded into the remote section of the keyfob. Need a complete rear section if it breaks which are not cheap. Although if you can drop on a cheap VW, Skoda one on Ebay then it will do the job.

Yep. A quick investigation decided that one but I assume as long as the replacement is 434Mhz then it'll work?

I was planning on keeping an eye oin ebay and tring a little araldite on the loop in the mean time.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I will have a spare uncut blade and 434Mhz remote button part, including loop at the end of this week. (Not top key/immobiliser section)

These will be placed in the for sale section soonest.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.