Seat Ibiza 2002 Immobiliser

tuka_uk

I have a Seat Ibiza (November) 2002 , 1.4 16v Petrol.

I washed the car (with the engine switched off) and after i has washed it the car started and drove fine. but next time i come to start the car, it almost started and cut out, i have the "Electronic Immobiliser" light on, its a picture of a car (yellow) with a key and the car does not start.

i have tried BOTH official keys after the local SEAT garage told me it could be a damaged/false key. but still no joy.

ive tried "re-assigning" the car keys from the manual... no luck.

it has been 2 days since it has not started so i assume any water would of dried out by now.

please.... any ideas?
:help: :cry:

tuka_uk

i assume water has done this damage.
but with my luck its probably a rare coincidence

tuka_uk

november 2002, is that a mk4?

if it is a mk 4 then a flashing key light on the dash signals a fault not sure about a mk3 though

im sure its a mk 4. im sure its a fault its just i dont think its nothin major, any ideas ???

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
i have the "Electronic Immobiliser" light on, its a picture of a car (yellow) with a key and the car does not start.

if it is a mk 4 then a flashing key light on the dash signals a fault not sure about a mk3 though

if the chip was faulty it would also cause the key light to flash on the dash

hmm, if the light is on then is not flashing is it? so there is not a fault with the transponder as you suggest.

tuka_uk

its just that the spare key (key B) is kept on the keyring with master key (key A) and both the keys do not work. it must be highly unlikely that both keys have died together ?!?

After speaking with Seat , they said a key will cost £110 , and an additional £20 for it to be programmed. Im afraid that I have two original keys and both are undammaged and immaculate so im reluctant to spend that money to still have an unsolved problem.........

Last edited by a moderator:

tuka_uk

problem solved. well not in its entirety but i find if i wiggle the key in the ignition barrel a little it seems to start and all is ok. possibly a faulty connection to the bit that reads the key, could anybody tell me how i could adjust/secure it?

many thanks for all the help guys, :clap:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise