Seat Ibiza 2009 5D petrol 1.6 DSG : Driver side windows command

gereqi

Apr 27, 2018
Albania
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so please be patient with me.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced the problem I have with my Seat Ibiza 2009 5D petrol 1.6 DSG Stylance:

Since a couple of years, the window on the back driver side started problems like not going up completely, going up with steps (even by strong pushing on the button) and not going automatically up. This was the same by using button on back-driver side door or on main driver side command. The child lock button (for the back windows not to be operated inadvertently by kids) at driver site main switches box was also tested, so it was not related.

3 months ago the driver side window began the same issue where the window won't go up with just a simple button pressing, instead needed to be pressed many times as the window rolled up with steps. To roll down a simple button pressure was needed and window went down.

Since a few days, from the driver side no window can be commanded anymore. When pressing any window switch on driver side doesn't make any motor clicks on any of the other windows.
Front-passenger side window works perfectly with its own switch.

Fuses were checked all, they're all fine. I tried replacing also driver side main switches block, no fix. Checked all cabling and connectors on driver side door with service man, he states that cabling is all fine.

I notice also that keeping pressed either the lock or unlock on keyfob doesn't roll up or down all the windows, as it used to be before (nice feature to close any open windows or open them all on hot summer days). My version doesn't have a roof window.
I have tried keeping the lock or unlock button on my keyfob even for 2-3 minutes but nothing happens apart from the light blinking just on keyfob.
When long-pressing the lock button on keyfob, car just locks, keyfob red light keeps blinking but at driver side the red light is not blinking like a few years ago until all windows are all rolled up with the warning lights (all left and right yellow signaling lights) flashing when windows fully closed.

The last thing I noticed today is that when turning on car in the morning and turning on main headlights with driver side door open, the child lock button light is blinking fast on driver side main command window switches. If I turn off the main lights, lights on windows switches driver side turn off and child window lock button (for the back windows) doesn't blink anymore.

The only service done to this car since 2009 (except usual maintenance every year on oil, filters, tires etc.) was replacing the burned DSG Mechatronic which failed on July 2017 and was forced on a full pay on it because neither dealer or Seat headquartiers agreed to pay on this well-known issue of mineral oil being conductive on all VW/Audi/Seat DSG Mechatronics before 2011...

I'm thinking maybe it could be a relay?

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Thanks!

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
It's the combined window winder motor/controller. I know I've replaced 4 including one twice.

You are not the only one to suffer this. Plenty of threads on this problem if you do a search !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

gereqi

Apr 27, 2018
Albania
Thanks a lot @Big Vinny for the prompt advice!
Acually I searched a lot and all seems pointing to window motor, but others got different symptoms. Also the service guy said that it is a common issue among this car type, but on my case he was unsure about the motor or any relays.
Can you please advice any sample product replacement link?
Replacing the driver side motor/controller fix control on all windows from driver side?

Thanks again!

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
Acually I searched a lot and all seems pointing to window motor, but others got different symptoms. Also the service guy said that it is a common issue among this car type, but on my case he was unsure about the motor or any relays.
Replacing the driver side motor/controller fix control on all windows from driver side?

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20180427_132501.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 20180427_132512.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 100

gereqi

Apr 27, 2018
Albania
Thank you for the pics provided!
Do you have any reference price you paid for the front+right left sides replacement parts? As you mentioned to have replaced 4 of them...

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
Here is one I have replaced. The part number on this one is 6R0.959.801.B. I would advise you remove the old one and check the P/N before buying a replacement as left and right sides are not the same and some go up for down and down for up.

I bought second hand replacements off eBay for about £35. Removing and replacing door cards is a pain but there is a "how to" on the forum. Good luck !

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
The images and the text were meant to be part of the same reply but I'm sure you get the idea.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk