Seat Ibiza 2011 1.6tdi oil pressure

Brew86uk

Feb 10, 2014
Birmingham
Hi everyone been having oil pressure light come on for abit now.
I be driving for 20mins come off motorway then the light will come on 3 beeps then off again then 2mins later back on again had the oil pick up done new oil pressure switch done no leaks anywhere no funny noise anyone know what I can do next ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hi everyone been having oil pressure light come on for abit now.
I be driving for 20mins come off motorway then the light will come on 3 beeps then off again then 2mins later back on again had the oil pick up done new oil pressure switch done no leaks anywhere no funny noise anyone know what I can do next ?

Hello there,

I'd be inclined to get your oil pressure checked just in case, the last thing you want is to be driving around and doing severe damage to your engine.
The oil pump doesn't have to create any noise if or when it's warn, it can be a silent killer to your engine.

This could be a faulty oil pump pressure control valve or the oil pump itself,
some have the manual oil pressure valve with spring & ball bearing plunger, or others can have the electronic sensor pressure control valve.
I don't think you can just replace the pressure control valve as it's integrated/made into oil pump.
Oil pump is normally situated at front of engine and driven directly by crankshaft, or by chain or belt depending if it's petrol or diesel and what size the engine is.

Could also be a wiring problem to oil pressure switch or faulty new sensor, or fault with dash dail instrument cluster.

Like I say I'd get your oil pressure checked ASAP.

Hope this helps
Si

Brew86uk

Feb 10, 2014
Birmingham
Hi thanks for replying would vag diagnostics equipment check the oil pressure level ?
And help find the fault ?.
Or would a standard oil pressure gauge best to use ?

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hi thanks for replying would vag diagnostics equipment check the oil pressure level ?
And help find the fault ?.
Or would a standard oil pressure gauge best to use ?

For a standard sized town or family car with original engine I don't think that a scan tool can read the oil pressure, as most of the time the oil pressure switch is wired/connected to dash dail instrument cluster only, and not to ECU.
I could be wrong, possibly it might work if yours has the electronic sensor pressure control valve in oil pump ??
Normally though you have to use the oil pressure test gauge tool to confirm if oil pressure is ok or not, simply by removing the oil pressure switch, then attaching the oil pressure test gauge tool.

Si

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.