Seat Ibiza TDi Mk4

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
So the C2 was sold at the start of January there, fancied something a bit different and preferably diesel as I could be commuting to Uni next year.

Looked about at various Mk5 Golfs, Polos etc. but most of them were high mileage English cars which I would rather have avoided. Found a clean wee example in the form of this Ibiza, 2005 model so pre facelift with only 19k miles from new and local history. How could I say no?

It's the 100bhp model and quick enough to get from A to B, hopefully getting it sorted out soon with a remap, just the funds that need to get sorted out.

Heres some pictures of the day after I got it and gave it a good clean and polish, sitting as high as a kite:

standard.jpg

standard3.jpg

standard2.jpg

standard4.jpg

standard5.jpg

Then only a couple of days after I got it, a spare set of AP Coilovers came up for sale locally, and after meeting me half way, I was on my way with a brand new set of coilovers ready to be put in, and luckily I was free the very next day!

coilovers-2.jpg

After my last coilovers in the C2 I had which were FK (apparently the best for the C2) I can only say that these ones from AP are absolutely top class, long journeys even at the height it is at the minute is brilliant and comfortable. The coilovers themselves are very solidly built and so much so that the very next day my brother went out and bought the exact same ones for his car after having had those sh*te Hot-Tuning Coilovers.

Also I bought a K&N Induction Kit for it, after hearing about everyone slating it, I can only say along with using the original air intake pipe as a cold air feed, it has actually increased the torque in the lower down range and only time will tell what it has done to the standard power when it gets RR'ed.

Then for a very long time, school, work and taking sick to Glandular fever for an age meant that the car was sitting un-balanced, far too low at the front compared to the back, only yesterday did I get a chance to sort the back out, give it a once over good clean and then take out for a couple of pictures of how it sits at the minute.

coilsin.jpg

coilsin-3.jpg

coilsin-2.jpg

And a picture I took which came out quite well, actually set as my wallpaper now!

coilsin-4.jpg

My plan is to keep this car for quite some time with the list looking something like this, all money depending of course and in no particular order:

Remap (140ish BHP)
Cupra Front and Rear Bumpers
ICE (Preferably a Touch Screen HU)
Turbo back Exhaust
Alloys (Would love 18" BBS LM's but not sure if they'll fit or not)

Cheers for taking the time to look and read this thread and I hope to add to it in the future! Comments and criticism as always welcome!

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Just got my hands on some Audi A3 Pepperpots, contemplating painting them some weird colour and then getting tyres for them! :)

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Cheers lads, she is very good condition indeed, plan on keeping it that way too. Maybe thinking of spraying the pepperpots orange or something just to be different?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members