Seat Leon 1.6 SE TDI 2015

May 2, 2020
Alright lads, I’ve recently got a seat Leon 1.6 SE TDI 2015. I’m trying to find out which would be the easier option to update or buy a new media centre with satnav as mine doesn’t have that feature.

Sean McNally

Jan 9, 2020
NI
Alright lads, I’ve recently got a seat Leon 1.6 SE TDI 2015. I’m trying to find out which would be the easier option to update or buy a new media centre with satnav as mine doesn’t have that feature.

Do you have the MIB 1 the same as mine does the sd card reader on the front of the unit and nothing in the glovebox? If so,

Cheapest method i’ve found and decided not to go for was an alpine unit - Alpine iLX702LEON This has apple carplay and android auto and still retains all of the in car settings and menus and as far as i know its the only aftermarket one to be 100% compatible with everything.

you can get the mib 2 or other satnav ones retro fitted but ive found this to be well over the £1000 mark after installation and coding is done, my local car audio fitter was going to charge me £909 for the alpine unit including fitting which was the cheapest option i found. Didn’t go for it in the end because i just wanted it for carplay but its not worth £900 to me. If you really want to get satnav built in this would be my recommendation the alpine unit looks nice too its not overly flashy looking like some headunits and its actually not too hard to fit if you want to diy.

Hope this helps your decision making:)

Reactions: Conor9495

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
If you go for osram cool blue bulbs try avoid the higher wattage/voltage ones they do, when I had an SE with halogens and I wanted better bulbs I read reviews from people whos bulbs had overheated and exploded in the light housings