Seat Leon color question

wickeddark

Hi all,

New guy here. Buying a Leon VT20 4wd pretty soon :D

I have a yellow one available only a couple of hours from here, but im a bit unsure about it. Judging from pics and such the yellow can be kinda dark egg yoke colorish (the one i like) but on other pics the yellow leons are really faded and dull. Does it exist two different leon yellows? Or is it due to poor pics? I would love to have a warm yellow one because it looks so great with dark grey rims on it :)

hi :wave:

where abouts you from???? the 4wd never made it to the uk, other than personal import.

There's nothing wrong with yellow, as long as it has been well polished. (fact of solid colour, not yellow, as solids have no lacquer top coat)

BTW, isn't the 4wd 2.8??? as the golf VR6 spec?????

wickeddark

Vicky M said:
hi :wave:

where abouts you from???? the 4wd never made it to the uk, other than personal import.

There's nothing wrong with yellow, as long as it has been well polished. (fact of solid colour, not yellow, as solids have no lacquer top coat)

BTW, isn't the 4wd 2.8??? as the golf VR6 spec?????

Im from Norway. Its the 1.8L Turbo with 4wd.'
So if the color are faded a good rubbing compound should get the color back to original glow?

i think it depends on the pics,
some are really dull (banana like)
wallpaperCarsSeatLeonCupraRtxiru.jpg

some look faded (although this is a photoshop)
SeatLeonCoupeCupratunningbajado1024.jpg

some look really deep
seat-leon-cupra-23-1.jpg

best thing to do is have a look in the flesh, then decide??

keep us posted on what you get :)

Last edited:

wickeddark

Yeah, thats what im talking about. I guess il have to go see it for myself. Will update on my findings. Thanx for the help :)

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
yellow is yellow aint it? It should be a vivid yellow, not dull at all. The first image Tris posted is of the first released prototype version (am i right guys?) and this colour was never produced...as far as i know...but im often wrong! lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise