Seat Leon Cupra Aerial

Martyn85Rockell

Hi, i have a 2001 (51) plate seat leon cupra and was just wondering how to remove the locking aerial and are they easy to replace like the screw in ones? Many Thanks if anyone can help.

Martyn

IFlip92

I too am wondering the same thing as I cant find a proper replacement aerial that actually works with the original locking aerial bit.

IFlip92

Seems like the only way to go is to replace the whole aerial base so then you can just fit in any screw in aerial. All these universal ones dont work because the original aerial has a little xtension coming out of the screw thread and goes in deeper into the base. Or at least....that's my theory

Last edited by a moderator:

IFlip92

Yea I got that one at first and I couldn't catch anything with it, but I must say I like the way it looked. With that said I tried to make my own one out of the stubby and the original with disastrous results lol. Took me a few hours and I chopped the original aerial just enough to get it in to the stubby. Got the stubby antenna out and put the chopped antenna inside. With that said it screws in the base but still doesn't work. I believe with the original aerial base you need something that has a screw like the original one, with that xtension that comes out of the screw thread like so:
IMG_1967.jpg

Any other aerial wouldnt work with the stock aerial base. So I think what I'm getting to here is that I need to replace my aerial base with an aftermarket one and put the Bullet Aerial (which doesn't pick up any radio either) in and then maybe, hopefully it will work :/