Seat Leon Cupra R 54 plate Water in footwell

chris7

Hi

Everyone

I have had my cupra r 54 plate for 4 days and it has to go back for water in the footwell

apparently they tell me this was the pollen filter however has anybody else had this problem , i have noticed some older posts regarding water in the car but this was on 51 plate onwards however nobody has mentioned this was a the pollen filter . this was down to the door seals .

love the car but i wont be fobbed off not even has this vechicle a week and i have a problem already .

Any advice or comments are welcomed . :( :(

Neilr134

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
pollen filters leak, doors STILL Leak. oh and the odd leaky baulkhead

The service bloke at my dealer said last week the pollen filters are now being wrongly assembled in the factory so they leaked whilst sat at the docks!

welcome to the club

and do a search

chris7

Seat Leon Cupra 54 plate water in footwell

Hi

No i did not have it super guarded

what do you mean the doors leak

thanks Chris

Neilr134

Apr 25, 2003
Visit site
Door seals still leak, no improvements since 51 reg.

A guide explaining why has been put in the guides section today, if you want to know why, not that you want to look at it yourself, as thats what a warranty is for.

The head service bloke told my they have a file an inch thick with water leaks for leons, and the new ones leak.

On bright side, it is probably just pollen filter, so will be sorted out in one visit.

Some people say demand new carpets/sound profing etc, but mine has dried OK after the start of the year when I had a pond every time it rained for 3 months. Also no rotting smell.

Good luck, they are great cars when they stay dry though.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
When i had mine doen there was water insdethe passangers footwell, but they said it was the superguard procces taht left that. never had an issue with it so far, touch wood

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
welcome to the my car is a pond club :D. Its one of those things that has been done to death here I have a good guide that I found somewhere that describes what causes it and how to fix , email me or otherwise do a search. Though if its brandnew straight back to dealer they are quite good on fixing them well mine is anyway

Daibill

Valley Boy
Mar 6, 2004
S Wales
Visit site
Had mine for 2 weeks now and the footwells are dry (well they were last night when i lifted the mats to check ). The only water coming in is from the top of the doors and i'm only talking about the occasional dripper when moving. Bought some diamondbrite off ebay and done the interior so at least it's easy to wipe up.

Not desperate enough for me to take it in to be done yet, too busy enjoying it... :thumbup:

thebears

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2004
Probably doesn't rain in Spain thats why Seat make um like that. Mine had the leaky pollen filter and had to be re-sealed. The dealer said the selaent they use is poor grade.

Make sure they take all the carpets out and completely dry them, otherwise you'll have condensation for an age!

lisajh

welcome to the my car is a pond club :D. Its one of those things that has been done to death here I have a good guide that I found somewhere that describes what causes it and how to fix , email me or otherwise do a search. Though if its brandnew straight back to dealer they are quite good on fixing them well mine is anyway

Hi. i've had 2 seals replaced and the water is still leaking. i saw droplets from the top corner of carpet, nearest the door, running down the carpet into the footwell in the back. the driver's side too is soaked and these are the seals that were changed. it cant be spotted with a hose pipe, only seems to happen when its raining. also the driver's door appears to hold lake windermere when i open it after its been raining! mechnic claims this water isnt getting into car but ive never seen a car that has such wet looking seals, allround really!the new ones are the worse. not checked pollen filter tho. anyhelp greatly appreciated. owend cara year and cant afford to loose money on it by selling it now. just wonder if it's worth fixing tho :cry:

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
door/footwell leaks

Hi. i've had 2 seals replaced and the water is still leaking. i saw droplets from the top corner of carpet, nearest the door, running down the carpet into the footwell in the back. the driver's side too is soaked and these are the seals that were changed. it cant be spotted with a hose pipe, only seems to happen when its raining. also the driver's door appears to hold lake windermere when i open it after its been raining! mechnic claims this water isnt getting into car but ive never seen a car that has such wet looking seals, allround really!the new ones are the worse. not checked pollen filter tho. anyhelp greatly appreciated. owend cara year and cant afford to loose money on it by selling it now. just wonder if it's worth fixing tho :cry:

Hi Lisa,my 02 plate leon had a puddle in the driver footwell after heavy rain and I had it fixed at seat,It was the seals around the ancillary carrier inside the door,Its common on all VAG cars,you can unscrew the door panel and reseal yourself if your ok at D.I.Y. Use the non quick dry sealant you can get in any d.i.y. shop as the quick dry **** stinks,hope this helps,maybe google "ancillary carrier leaks" or similar:) briskoda.net/forums/topic/148113-water-pooling-behind-driver-seat/

Last edited:

johnx14

Feb 3, 2008
Newtownards,Co Down
when i got my leon serviced (pollen filter replaced) the leak in front passenger footwell stopped, i assume they fitted it properly this time. now just the swimming pool in the back to sort out!!

slickbone

Apr 4, 2010
when i got my leon serviced (pollen filter replaced) the leak in front passenger footwell stopped, i assume they fitted it properly this time. now just the swimming pool in the back to sort out!!

John X: Yes I had exactly the same problem as you. I noticed after heavy rain that my front passenger footwell had a puddle full of water. I fixed this in the summer just gone by finding out that the water was leaking through the pollen filter.

Took out the pollen filter, put it back in properly and put sealent all round teh edges. Thank god I dont even get a single drop in my footwell.

BUT...Now all of a sudden I have found that the back passenger footwell (Behind the front passenger side) has started to leak in water. Its not a puddle but is sort of soaked. Newspaper is over it and is pretty wet but not dripping wet.

I dont know where the water is leaking from and I dont think its from the seals from the doors as the carpet right up agaisnt the door is dry! Im really confused!

Have you found where yours is leaking from? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
It's the door sills mate mine done exactly the same get that silicone out and go crazy lol , I also have the pollen leak now lol poxy car

Rauer

I put mine into seat last week for this as mine is still under warranty only to be told it's not coverd!

VIKINGODIN

Oct 19, 2009
south wales
John X: Yes I had exactly the same problem as you. I noticed after heavy rain that my front passenger footwell had a puddle full of water. I fixed this in the summer just gone by finding out that the water was leaking through the pollen filter.

Took out the pollen filter, put it back in properly and put sealent all round teh edges. Thank god I dont even get a single drop in my footwell.

BUT...Now all of a sudden I have found that the back passenger footwell (Behind the front passenger side) has started to leak in water. Its not a puddle but is sort of soaked. Newspaper is over it and is pretty wet but not dripping wet.

I dont know where the water is leaking from and I dont think its from the seals from the doors as the carpet right up agaisnt the door is dry! Im really confused!

Have you found where yours is leaking from? Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Itll prob be doors sills like already said or the door seals in ancillary carrier behind the door card,it will bead over carpet by the door leaving a puddle but dry up again where it ran down leaving you confused.

MattCupra150

Seat Leon Cupra R 54 plate Water in footwell - FIX

Hi, I suffered this same problem about 2 years ago... After reading all the forums and resealing my doors etc, I found the pollen filter to be at fault. Not through bad fitting but through a bad mould..

In order to fix it, I extended the front and sides of the pollen filter with masses of carpet tape (very strong and survives being pulled out time and time again!).

Basically, just put strips of tape from the top of the mould (mould must be clean, dirt free and dry when you do this) all the way down about 4 - 6 inches from the front to the passenger side of the mould. Double up the tape about 5 or 6 times and then, it does take some fitting and, I recommend only fitting the pollen fitter yourself in the future to prevent garages undoing your handywork but, this definetely fixes the problem!!

(Unless of course you need to reseal your doors too!)

I have tried to put before and after pics on here but can't work out how to so PM me your email address and will happily send you pics on how to do it etc.

Hope this helps!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.