Seat Leon Cupra R 54 plate Water in footwell

Rauer

Can I confirm that it's my door seals and not the pollen filter! The water enters the car from the door area where the 2 plastic panels join,and dribbles down when I drive off! Oh this is on the passenger side btw

MattCupra150

Ah ok sorry missed you there! Then definetely take your door trims apart - allow time! Then reseal with plenty of silicone!! Done mine.

Also, make sure your rain gulleys under ur door are clear - get some metal and poke the holes through. Also, make sure the door is opened up before u drive off after a heavy down pour. Mine still collects in the door but can't be arsed replacing the door seal !

MattCupra150

Yes to Rauer. Theres a really good post on door sills and how to take apart and seal and reassemble

Rauer

Cheers buddy , I'm all over that thread I just wanted to make ultra sure that it was the seal before I took it all apart! I have bought the sealing cord from seat and replacement door clips in case!! I got the propper stuff cause I only want to do it once haha!

MattCupra150

Yeah actually thats the stuff I bought too. Apply it genrously - you get enough for 2 doors. Then when u screen everything back on, it compresses the sealant and should solve your issue. Just be sure not to (a) lose any screws and (b) not to tear the water barrier film !!

brad1

It's the door sills mate mine done exactly the same get that silicone out and go crazy lol , I also have the pollen leak now lol poxy car

I have the same pollen filter leak, front passenger footwell is soaked after a heavy rainful lol

Rauer

No it's not that stuff at all it's more like plasticene but more rubbery if that makes sense

oldskool

its not foam, its as you say plasticene type stuff, deffo not the original stuff

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yer I no what it is it's the squishy black foam tape stuff same stuff they use in the 1st place ,

Looks like this Dan

6432a180.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.