Seat leon dash bulb removal ?

the rob

Nov 30, 2009
Right i need to remove my abs bulb on my seat leon mk1, lost my haynes manual and cant see how to do it
or any idea how i could stop the abs light coming on ? ive replaced all 4 wheel sensors !

cheerz, rob

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
They are micro LED's or so i'm told, no chance of removing without some serious soldering/electrical skills.

As said, theres a fault there for a reason, use vagcom and get it cleared.

Jimski

the rob

Nov 30, 2009
Just after a quick fix i have an mot on wednesday and my insurance runs out like the day after, its not my main car its just sitting in the garden becoming the wildlife ! mot place say if i take the clocks apart and take the bulb out OR cover the abs bulb up they will pass it then i can put it back to normal and put it on ebay !
So any ideas on how to take clocks apart ? lol

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
or any idea how i could stop the abs light coming on ? ive replaced all 4 wheel sensors !

why did you change all 4 anyway ?

get the diagnostics read first then ideally reset ( may be all it needs ) that way you know what if anything is wrong and save f'n it up trying to bodge it

the rob

Nov 30, 2009
i took it for an mot with the light on n they wouldnt pass it, they sed just put some black tape over the abs light and we will re mot it and it will pass lol, just dont know how to get to the light lol

the rob

Nov 30, 2009
why did you change all 4 anyway ?

get the diagnostics read first then ideally reset ( may be all it needs ) that way you know what if anything is wrong and save f'n it up trying to bodge it
Got all 4 cheap so changed them all, no garages around here have equipment for it :(

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Got all 4 cheap so changed them all, no garages around here have equipment for it :(

no diagnostic kit for any VAG at any garage? No dealers?

blimey where are you located :confused:

try a request in the vag-com forum, with luck you'll find a friendly member willing to scan and clear the codes and probably find that's all it needs and even worse case at least you will know what the issue is thats listed

the rob

Nov 30, 2009
Im sure there are some out of my lil town might have to call around. spose its worth pennies with no tax or mot dented front wings and few interior dodgy bits ? lol