Seat Leon from another dealer

goku52

Aug 28, 2009
Is it just me or normal as when i go to dealer asking them to get a car from another Seat garage they tell me they wont get it and i'd have to go to that garage that has the stock ?
eg: i live in Birmingham and the car i like the look of is at Seat Portsmouth, thats a loong drive dont you think lol

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
At the moment it is normal, but I believe SEAT are going to introduce a new stock system where after so long (I think 30 days but may be wrong) the car that a dealer has becomes UK stock. It was mentioned on a thread here some where.

goku52

Aug 28, 2009
Its stupid as the ones near me are well over priced and the one i mite get is a cracker but i'm not driving over 125 miles for it lol

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Its normal. Unless the dealer is part of a chain like Arnold Clark or Reg Vardy (even then it will be hard to get it moved from one dealer to another) you would have to go to that dealer that has the car.
Alex

goku52

Aug 28, 2009
but thats stupid whats the point in being part of the same Network yet they wont give out stock. Seat will loose trade that way

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
but thats stupid whats the point in being part of the same Network yet they wont give out stock. Seat will loose trade that way

I see what you are getting at but even though both dealers are part of the Seat network they are at no liberty to sell a car that is not on their forecourt. You have to remember dealers are usually part of chains or independents and there is no communications between dealers as they are competing against each other for business.
Alex

goku52

Aug 28, 2009
but what i dont get is that the dealer said before they can if they want too, i know another Seat dealer who said they would do it so maybe i'll have to go to them if i really want it

it would depend if the car is within group stock, no dealer will give a car to another dealer that they own just because someone might buy it. Why not contact the portsmouth dealer and get a deal put together put a deposite on the car and then drive or evn fly down there ? I travelled for 3 hours to get mine and the first time i drove it was on the journey home. You have to remember there are a lot of timewasters out there and it costs money to move a car.

goku52

Aug 28, 2009
thats true i'm not about putting down a deposit also which cars do you guys own any New FR if so whats the drive like ?

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
If the deal is a good one drive the 125 miles, sure it's half a days driving there and back but if portsmouth want to do a deal ask if they'll sort you thr fuel out for the journey home...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
facelift FR is head & shoulders better than the pre facelift. the ride quality alone makes up for it.

Brum to pompey is only 3hrs, and for the money you want to spend it's a drop in the ocean.

Wrighty

Aug 21, 2005
Derbyshire
thats true i'm not about putting down a deposit also which cars do you guys own any New FR if so whats the drive like ?

would it not be a good idea to actually test drive one before even thinking of discussing inter-garage dealing...

goku52

Aug 28, 2009
i have test driven an 08 plate and 09 plate and i like them both althou i like the interior more in the new one and feels lil smoother.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
At the moment it is normal, but I believe SEAT are going to introduce a new stock system where after so long (I think 30 days but may be wrong) the car that a dealer has becomes UK stock. It was mentioned on a thread here some where.

They are indeed implementing that system from 19th November Ford use to be the same and it was on the goodwill of anohter dealer that stock would be released or a stock swap. Some dealers will not want to let prime stock go. A very good and much needed idea I say!!

FL FR is a leap forward as well as the softer suspension you get the XDS system which works quite well, USB/AUX (CUP) and upgraded stereo. Dual zone climate from the Golf, updated dash, new dash with white as opposed to red information centre seems much clearer to see. New steering wheel very Audi esque, whole car looks less MPV due to the wider rear window and smaller rear lights and badges. Then on the front the lower intake is wider and moving fog lights surrounds further to the edge. Has given the car a lower and more sporty looking stance.

The engine being common rail at the lastest Bosche 1800bar Piezo is more effcient and smoother than Pump Duse and about 10% more economical. Funny part is that the XDS and gearchange indicator system on the FR has just been added to the Golf GTi and GTD spec as standard (GTi already had XDS) but the FR got there first :D

redgate

Last year, I found the perfect car on the net but it was in Glasgow - and the SEAT dealers in Bury bought it for me and drove it down, and it didn't cost me any extra. So, it can happen sometimes :)

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
Seat is a brand of car made by VAG, and sold through dealers.
Dealers are individual businesses (or groups of individual businesses) and need to make money and if they are keen to make a deal may be able to buy in a car at a price which allows them to. You don't want to pay a deposit-which is fine- but it sounds as if they can't get the car you fancy at a price which will allow them to earn. So why should they?
Try going to your local and saying I really fancy a pint of Hampshire or Dorset beer and see if they will get a barrel in in case you buy some?
You have a choice, buy from someone local who you want to do business with and hope to get service from or go on the net and find the cheapest and the most readily available and then go out into the big world and do a deal with someone you will never see again and who will never see you again.
New cars are a bit scarce as all the manufacturers have lowered stock and reduced production since there is a recession. If you don't understand the state of the auto business you are going to find life difficult.

boroboy19

I went all the way from Reading to Manchester..with a rented Fiesta and came back with my Cupra! :) you can even ask the the sales man to take some pictures of the car...like the alloy wheels, bonnet etc..so you have an idea of the car then go there and test it. I saved lots of money on mine..I dont know but I always found cheaper cars up north!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members