Seat Sport Brakes conversion

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Hey i am looking some seat sport 4 pots off a curpra tdi! i am wondering wat i need to fit them on my FR tdi. i am also going to put a hybrid turbo on my car, you think that these brakes will be sufficient enough and wat size are they?

On the mark 3 cupra R's brembo brakes are fitted, are these brakes are the same or similar standard?

cheers

Deleted member 13581

Will your wheels clear the calipers?

The Cupra wheels are a special shape to incorporate the size of the calipers. If you are running the standard FR wheels, the 312mm conversion off a TT will bolt straight on and give you an upgrade in braking.

You can upgrade the rear brakes to 256mm from the 232mm. You need new calpiers to make this happen and you can get them off a MK4 Golf Anniversary.

Hope this helps.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The Seat Sport 4 pot calipers (AP Racing) are like hens teath to find second hand and VERY expensive from the dealers.

I'm running drilled and grooved discs with ferodo ds2500 pads with mine and the stopping power is stunning :D

May 22, 2009
South Wales
wicked! will get them then! i am running audi tt alloys off the mark 1 tt! i am not sure whether they will fit, any ideas?

wat other parts do i need for the seat sport conversion?

cheers

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Calipers, discs, pads and lines. They dont need cariers as the calipers bolt straight to the hub.

Not sure if they will clear your wheels though.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
cheers mate! ye i am going to have to have a look! will buy them and mayb not put them on for a while! will have to run standard brakes on the hybrid for the short term

Cheers for the help!

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
im running the 312mm as standard and they are good,
but ive never been happy with them so looking at 911 (996 model) rears on the front.

theres also a thread on ukmkiv where the brake expert is playing around with lambo calipers - most sets seem to have cost folks around £60-80 as they are coming from another car and dont have lambo stamped on them.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
jus found a seat ibiza cupra tdi breaking! was lucky enough to be able to get hold of them for a good price! at this rate tho, i may b asking him for the wheels too!

lambo brakes! thats insane, u got to be running big power to even consider doing that. you would have to get a good set of tyres too!

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
If you can get the wheels I would get them, even If you dont need them. There worth a fortune too.

thegooner

Oct 14, 2009
the early lambo diablo used brembos that were also used on a few ferraris,couple of other prestige makes, R34 GTR skyline and the most common on E38 BMW from 3.5ltrs upwards.

most of the guys that are looking at this kit are phoning up BMW breakers and asking for them. and like i said theyre getting them for around £80 the pair
the guy who is making the kit is hoping to sell it for less than £400 if possible for the 2 piece discs, carriers and hoses

taeke it the ibiza is different as on the vw range its only the FS3 calipers that bolt directly to the hub the ATE (i think they are) bolt onto carriers

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
May 22, 2009
South Wales
its look very similar to a place down may way! next time i am there is will take a pic of my car in the same position to show you resemblence.

i am thinking that my audi tt wheels have a better chance of fitting over the calibers than the standard FR ones as the offset is quite a bit different! any idea wat other wheels fit over the brakes?

Scotty229

Jul 4, 2009
Aberdeenshire
sorry to drag this thread up again, but did you manage to fit these brakes and get your FR wheels to fit over them rod? i'm looking at doing the same conversion at the beginning of next year, but if the FR wheels don't fit i'd probably go on the look out for someone breaking a cupra so i can get the wheels cheap, and maybe get the brakes at the same time! :happy:

May 22, 2009
South Wales
hey mate, too be honest i aint had time to get the brakes on yet i am in the middle of sorting my hybrid turbo! i am pretty sure the FR alloys dont fit! i have audi tt alloys and they are going to be tight so fingers crossed! as soon as i get em on i will post it back up!

should be doing over the xmas period!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members