Seat sport FMIC with forge pipes MK4 Ibiza 130pd

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
Hi all! ive finally fitted my fmic with forge pipes this weekend so i thought i would tell you how i did it and put up some pics. Hope you will find this useful as forge dont provide any instructions so i ended up guessing how to fit it
......but it works fine so i ive got it right. :)

Firstly i started out with these:
1 set of forge pipes
intercoolerhoses-1.jpg

and a Mk4 seat ibiza 130pd (with cupra bumpers)
FMIC0011.jpg

First thing to do is remove the bumper which involves taking out about 18 bolts/screws from, the wheel arches, under the bumper, on top of the bumper and 2 through the grill.
FMIC0033.jpg

Then remove the crash bar, drivers headlight and old intercooler with a few bolts, and unclip the hoses.
FMIC0077.jpg

Now you can compare the 2 and wonder why seat bother fitting the original intercooler
FMIC0055.jpg

Now this is where the fun and games start! The bracket that fixes to the ss intercooler and the car have no obvious fixing point, but after looking a bit harder you will see that it bolts in the same place as the radiator/ac radiator. BUT theres a pannel in the way that supports the radiators so you can either take it off (very hard work) or what i did, was drill holes in it that are big enough to take the screws out, slide the bracket in and put the screws back in and finally attach the intercooler to the brackets.
FMIC0099.jpg

As you can see its getting dark now lol, so we put the car to bed.

The next day we fitted the pipes, which to my disappointment don't fit that great because the top ones were at funny angles as some of the alloy ones seem a bit too long, but they look really cool.
FMIC01313.jpg

Another problem we encountered was that the sensor wouldn't reach back in to the inlet pipe so we had to extend it. I used 5amp wire and connectors and its working fine.
FMIC01414.jpg

Now you can run the car and see if all the pipes are on tight enough. Then finally fit the bumper back on. BUT it doesn't fit so some cutting is needed.
This bit is at the top and there is some further down near the towing eye.
FMIC01616.jpg

Then last of all stand back and admire......then go for a drive!
I found that it pulls more towards 4.5k and the torque surge at 2k has been smoothed out. Definatley worth doing and should be good for a remap in summer. Hope this was useful, comments welcome!
FMIC01717.jpg

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Excellent guide matey, looks plenty bigger than the Forge IC however the forge one can be fit with no faffing within an hour! Oh well glad your happy!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Very good but why didnt your solder the boost sensor wires? If you have left the wires like that it wont be long before they are corroded and you start getting issues, its a pretty hostile enviroment under there.

Tall-Paul

Previously ph2858 :D
Nov 12, 2006
Manchester and Preston
Ed- I want to try it agen at the pod now, should be able to get into the 15's!

techie- Yeh i might do at some point, didnt have a soldering iron at the time but thanks for pointing that out.

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
You know the pipe kit you bought, can you buy the bend with the sensor hole on it's own ?
If not just how much was the pipe kit?
Thanks, Matt

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
You know the pipe kit you bought, can you buy the bend with the sensor hole on it's own ?
If not just how much was the pipe kit?
Thanks, Matt

Hi mate I bought my kit a while ago, and i'd imagine you can buy just the pipe with the hole for the sensor. They'd stopped making it when I bought mine so had to get made up specially. I think the full kit was £200 inc everything, but to be honest I thought it was rubbish, it didn't fit very well and I had to cut alot of the pipes down to size, the map sensor had to be extended, and I had to cut chunks out of the cupra bumper. To be fair I fitted it in a rush due to fitting it after work, and had to do it again due to it rattling like mad against the bumper. What intercooler are you fitting to your toledo then? I think I read somewhere the pipe with the sensor hole in it is £65.00, your best bet is to ring forge up and speak to someone about it. heres there number 01452 380999 I spoke to John he was good when I was enquiring about the kit. hope this helps regards george

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
I got in touch and i found that the 1.8T one is exactly the same as the TDI, so a straight pipe with that fitting on came to £30.84 inc VAT

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&produ

I was gonna fit one with the inlet and outlet on either side, but it's a lot of piping to get back to the left hand side... So i'm on the lookout for one just like yours at the moment, i'll probably buy it in the next few weeks after i've took the bumper off for a look around.

Thanks for the info

Last edited:

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
I got in touch and i found that the 1.8T one is exactly the same as the TDI, so a straight pipe with that fitting on came to £30.84 inc VAT

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&produ

I was gonna fit one with the inlet and outlet on either side, but it's a lot of piping to get back to the left hand side... So i'm on the lookout for one just like yours at the moment, i'll probably buy it in the next few weeks after i've took the bumper off for a look around.

Thanks for the info

so what engine is in your toledo?

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
If your getting a seat sport intercooler like mine of the cupra petrol and diesel, same thing, Sere motors in N.I are your best bet £250 inc vat and p+p, david's the man you want there, [email protected] thats his email, or ring him on 028 90205115, oh £250 includes two mounting brackets for it aswell.

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
mine's not the PD, but there's a few intercoolers i've seen which would be fine. Thanks for the advice

bolton

where can u get the seat sport fmic from been searchin net n cant fine em :S :s :S cheers

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
where can u get the seat sport fmic from been searchin net n cant fine em :S :s :S cheers

Dave @ sere motors N.I is your man, If your getting a seat sport intercooler like mine off the cupra petrol and diesel, same thing, Sere motors in N.I are your best bet £250 inc vat and p+p, Dave is the one to speak to, [email protected] thats his email, or ring him on 028 90205115, oh £250 includes two mounting brackets for it aswell.

bolton

Dave @ sere motors N.I is your man, If your getting a seat sport intercooler like mine off the cupra petrol and diesel, same thing, Sere motors in N.I are your best bet £250 inc vat and p+p, Dave is the one to speak to, [email protected] thats his email, or ring him on 028 90205115, oh £250 includes two mounting brackets for it aswell.

okay sounds good, are pipes n all fittings included aswel? wil that fit a 2004 fr petrol? cheers :)

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
okay sounds good, are pipes n all fittings included aswel? wil that fit a 2004 fr petrol? cheers :)

Unfortunately not, the pipes have to be either custom made by yourself, which wouldn't be that difficult, or Forge used to do a kit for it, I'm not 100% on the piping for the petrol as i've got the diesel, but I think (its a long time since i did mine) its 57mm hose you need, again not knowing a bout the petrol does it a have a MAP sensor in the boost pipes going to inlet manifold or is it in the manifold? I don't know, but on the diesel it's in the pipework leading to the manifold, well originally its on the side mount intercooler, so your pipework has to have a hole for that to go in, I'd give forge a ring to be honest as they should be able to sort you out. good luck.:D

GazDonnyFR

will the seat sport run on 1.8t fr mk4 ibiza..and where do these appear as i can find one anyware..and is the pipework bought from forge?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.