seat sport strut brace

Adam*FR*

FOR SALE
Oct 19, 2006
fitted my strut brace yesterday and everytime i start my car the engine hits against the strut brace.
any1 else had this problem.
It fits perfectly definatley the right 1 for the car just making a clunking noise on engine start
any help please!!!!!!!

gazjones

yep need engine cover trimming think ive got a pic of mine trimmed somwhere ill find it and post it up

gazjones

thats the best ive got but cut along the crease and remaove the bit that slops up and you will be ok
74fc4726.jpg

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
The PD Ibiza will "knock" against the airbox - more so when it's cold. There is a small recess on the brace (to allow for this area where the airbox sits) so i just wrapped some padded tape around there and then no more noise! - it's not too loud (more irratating than anything) and is only happens at low speed/in 1st gear AND some folk have said there's is fine so it may just be a tollerance thing.

PJ.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
had no knocking at at all with SEAT sport Sbrace on my PD130 think the forge one knocks more cos of a slightly differant agle from the mounts.

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
Mines knocked like hell when I first fitted it, raised it up with 2 washers under each bolt however still makes a little connection with the airbox when under moderate acceleration. Considering just taking it off and leaving it!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
who invented the washer idea :whisle:

simple and effective to raising your strut brace :thumbup: also double check your airbox is sitting in the rubber mounts properly and cut the engine civer and sand the endge to keep it neat

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members