SEAT Stop Cupra Production

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Does anyone have an update on build weeks for Cupras? Not getting much out my dealership unfortunately. They've said this should be sometime in Sept but I've still not got a confirmed build week.

Ordered back in April.
There are some updates on the "who's ordered a CUPRA" thread.

The earliest I've read is wk38 which starts next week.

There have been unconfirmed builds posted weeks for wk39-41.

I'm still at stage 00 - without a production week. Ordered in May.

All this info based on the 5dr.

SEAT UK have told me that they will receive more info on the 5dr by week 40.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I'm glad you guys have build weeks and can look forward to getting your cars soon but it makes me livid haha. I ordered in February still don't have a build week. 5dr dsg, magnetic grey or whatever they changed it to and seat sound.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I'm glad you guys have build weeks and can look forward to getting your cars soon but it makes me livid haha. I ordered in February still don't have a build week. 5dr dsg, magnetic grey or whatever they changed it to and seat sound.

They must be building them in colour batch!

Keep phoning seat customer service for info. Have you been given a estimated delivery date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
They must be building them in colour batch!

Keep phoning seat customer service for info. Have you been given a estimated delivery date?

Yeah been onto them quite often, estimated delivery was July then August then September. The latest email they said the engines won't start being built until October so realistically I'm thinking November at the earliest.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Yeah been onto them quite often, estimated delivery was July then August then September. The latest email they said the engines won't start being built until October so realistically I'm thinking November at the earliest.

I hope that isn’t the case or my car is being delivery without the engine

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I hope that isn’t the case or my car is being delivery without the engine

I don't think any 2 people give out the same information judging by the varied opinions on here. Here is a copy/paste from an email I received on the September 6th when I complained that other folk (guys on here) had build weeks allocated.

"I have also been informed by our Brand Support Team that the SEAT Cupra engines are not due to go in to build until at the earliest, October 2018."

The rest was just repeated apologies etc.. ..

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I don't think any 2 people give out the same information judging by the varied opinions on here. Here is a copy/paste from an email I received on the September 6th when I complained that other folk (guys on here) had build weeks allocated.

"I have also been informed by our Brand Support Team that the SEAT Cupra engines are not due to go in to build until at the earliest, October 2018."

The rest was just repeated apologies etc.. ..

I’ve just spoken to customer service for any news!!

My vehicle is still going ahead with Build this week as planned BUT the Engine data will only arrive with SEAT 2nd October. No doubt it’s not a 5 minute job sieving through the data/upload onto the vehicles.

I’ll be lucky to see my vehicle this year!!

Reactions: walshy

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’ve just spoken to customer service for any news!!

My vehicle is still going ahead with Build this week as planned BUT the Engine data will only arrive with SEAT 2nd October. No doubt it’s not a 5 minute job sieving through the data/upload onto the vehicles.

I’ll be lucky to see my vehicle this year!!

Yeah i was told week 40 by my case manager.
I imagine the SLI gets its update then.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Yeah i was told week 40 by my case manager.
I imagine the SLI gets its update then.

Like people have said it’s different information each time you phone. I phoned about 2 weeks ago with no mention of the engine data due 2nd October.

I only knew this from what you posted.

Brad8988

Oct 1, 2018
I need a car by April 19 so looking at the back log I'm guessing it's probably not going to happen if I ordered now.

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I need a car by April 19 so looking at the back log I'm guessing it's probably not going to happen if I ordered now.
You might get lucky. I don't know where those orders have gone from those who have cancelled through July and August and got an accepted status - you might manage to get one of those cancellations.

I may be wrong though as to how Seat process cancellations.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Monsoon Grey ST at Huddersfield, it’s a manual and no options so probably why it’s not selling to be honest.

Brad8988

Oct 1, 2018
I can't sell my current car until march/April 19 and defo not the spec I'm after. Thanks though.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise