Seats

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Do the seats from a mk5 ibiza fit a mk4 the mechanism that fits the back seats looked the same but not sure if its the same dimensions. Seen some nice ones from a sport model today at a scrappy. If so how would i go about connecting the side airbags?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Do the seats from a mk5 ibiza fit a mk4 the mechanism that fits the back seats looked the same but not sure if its the same dimensions. Seen some nice ones from a sport model today at a scrappy. If so how would i go about connecting the side airbags?

They should fit i think - I thought there was someone on here who had done it but i can't find the thread at the mo.

The side airbags just plug in if your car has them now - small yellow plug under the seat.

If you dont currently have side airbags - just tape the plug to the bottom of the new seat - your no worse off than you are now.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Thanks, but what would i do if i did want to connect the side airbags, my last car had 8 so i feel this car is slightly lacking in safety kit

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Oh i see my mistake now lol :doh:, i currently dont have side airbags so if i wanted to retrofit these is this possible?

Have a look under your seat - I would expect that the plug is there even if you don't have side airbags now.

As said - there should be a small YELLOW plug that the airbag plugs in to.

Not sure I would attempt retrofitting of airbags if the wires/plug are not there.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Cheers for the advice, if i were to go for these seats, how much do you reckon they will cost bearing in mind they are from a scrappie?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.