• boost from the word go, never have to wait ever

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
just had a thought while trying to help Big_Lad

the n112 valve controls boost in some way...as its connected to the actuator/n75 etc by vac hoses, is this while the secondary air pump is activated?

theres been lots of talk in the past about how some people have no boost at all while the car warms up and then after a few mins its available.

a while back id be waiting up to 20mins before i had any boost but i was told this was normal (obviously wasnt!!)

anyway i swapped all the vac hoses and from then on the most i was/have been waiting is around 3mins max sometimes its like 30 seconds. other times there's boost from the moment you turn the key...odd

for the poll state whether you have to wait occasionally or not

Last edited:

T7ODD

When the car is cold and the secondary pump is activated, as soon as the pump stops (approx 30 secs) I have boost.
If the car is still warm and the secondary pump doesn't need to engage when you re-start, there is boost available immediately.

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Cheers for this acid.

I've submitted my "vote" I do occasionaly have to wait for boost, but it isn't anymore than a few minutes at the very most.

But there have been occasions where i've not had to wait at all. :confused:

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
like i said in the first post, before...i was sometimes waiting up to 20mins for any boost to appear! id be almost at the end of my journey when all of a sudden it was there and available! how weird is that?

but ever since i swapped the vac hoses i never have to wait more than a couple mins, usually 3 minutes max. but the strange thing is it doesnt happen everytime the car is cold e.g. every first start of the day. some days i can just go and its there. almost as if its influenced by ambient temps or something :confused:

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Usually i can boost straight away, unless its real cold (ie 5.30am in winter) then i have to wait around 30secs - 1min.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah the note is substantially different when its kicked in its just abit random to whether it happens or not.

i did think of doing away with it but as it has no real benefit id rather not, plus i cant really be arsed to get my hands dirty removing the pump

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
i used to have to wait approx 30 secs for any boost but then would be fine untill the next cold start, ie following morning

i removed all the secondary air pump gubbins at the weekend but haven't driven the car from cold since so can't comment on it yet, will let you know my findings when i do though

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
there is a gain from it...faster oil filter removal... pisses me off!

roly...no codes then? how is you motor?

HoocH

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
if you do a decent job of removing it you have it kicking in straight away holding you back and, you wont get any common fault codes

but that's about it, i suspect you'll get more fault odes than normal if you dunno what your doing tho

May 2, 2006
i voted boosted from the word go, coz if i wanted to i could, but i dont, i normally give it a good 10mins or wait for water and oil to heat up fully before i boot it,

h170ch/phil/roly :- either of you going to be doing any guides for removing this, or is it just a case of following it back to the pump, removing it and blanking? although mine seems to be working fine, im a fan of ditching stuff i dont need

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Where the blanking plate is fitted to, at the other side of this valve there is a vaccuum line. I don't know whether to leave this in place, or remove it and block off that too.

It all depends on what the vaccuum line is for, whether its to open a valve or was just there for fun.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.