Service Interval Indicator - OIL

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
My service Interval Indicator has displayed that I need to change my engine oil.

I have had the car for about 17 months now and I added oil (Castrol GTD Magnatec) about 13 months ago (around 13000) miles

I checked the dipper and there is still plenty of oil in the engine.

I got my car serviced on 19/07/06 and they added "semi synthetic engine oil" and an "oil filter".

I am probably going to get it serviced again before xmas, if not defo January

Do you think I actually need oil or do you think it is just my car displaying automatically that I need to change it after a certain period of time.

Will it be ok until xmas when i get it serviced or should I take it to a garage immediately. How easy is it to change oil?

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
The service spanner is on and it is flashing OIL for 3 mins then the spanner remains displayed and the trip counter reappears.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
That's just the standard service reminder not working properly! As said, probably not reset.

There's no automatic oil checking on the Ibiza/Cordoba, the only time you'll see an oil warning is if the pressure gets too low ie. you REALLY run out of oil!

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
I assume as part of a full service the mechanics will check if the oil has to be replaced? So technically if i get my car serviced every 6 months I shouldn't have to worry? Am i wrong?

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
ok cool

I have checked the oil level again and it is defo fine so i reset the indicator

thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.