Servicing Costs - Why do dealers vary so much?!

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
I know this has been covered so many times before but I still can't get my head around it!

My FR TFSI is approaching its first service, my local dealer Amethyst has quoted £200 and the next nearest, Droitwich, has quoted £150.

I can't understand why there is a £50 difference especially when all there are doing is to change the oil and grease a few hinges!

What is the best price everyone else has paid for a 10K 1YR service on the TFSI FR?

langy

Aug 9, 2006
Sorry, not a FR TFSI but a TDI 10k service and Letchworth was £114

xfiles_92

Apr 6, 2007
We have a 1.9 tdi reference and that cost 220 ish for it's first service and even more rediculous was my second service on my Fabia vrs £ 286 :censored:.

As you can imagine I was well :censored: off, no way I be considering a vag group diesel again at those servcing costs. There is only one seat and skoda dealer in my area, in fact they are the same company here.

xfiles_92

jrh fr

I've just booked my FR TFSI in for 10K service with Ted Johnson at Barnsley for £135.00 plus an additional 10% off for Cupra Net members!

The potential saving from another dealer could pay for petrol to travel?

AL2007

Jun 6, 2007
North London (Spurs-Land)
A quick tip - next time you up-grade your car ask for the first yr service free.

Most stealers will oblige if its a deal clincher, mine did, its one of the ways they can compete with on-line dealers [B)]

s3quence

Aug 16, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
We have a 1.9 tdi reference and that cost 220 ish for it's first service and even more rediculous was my second service on my Fabia vrs £ 286 :censored:.

As you can imagine I was well :censored: off, no way I be considering a vag group diesel again at those servcing costs. There is only one seat and skoda dealer in my area, in fact they are the same company here.

xfiles_92

I have a Fabia VRS and called my local Skoda dealer (Pilling in Milton Keynes)
£296 pounds for a 20k service. I told them were to go and called VagTech near Leighton Buzzard they said they will do for £170. I know where im going!!