Servicing

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Hi All

I'm sure it has been discussed before but I cannot find the thread so hoping someone can help me out. My 14 plate Leon is due for 2nd year service first week in March but a warning has come up on the mfd saying inspection service due in 13 days, does this mean I have to go in for this in 13 days then an oil change service in I think 55 days ??:confused:
Your help as always will be much appreciated, thanks:)

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
the Inspection service includes an oil change you only need to go in for the inspection service.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
the Inspection service includes an oil change you only need to go in for the inspection service.
Thanks for the swift answer, can I just wait until the first week in March as I only have 11700 miles on the clock and don't really want to put it in before then?

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Thanks , the car was made late January and registered and picked up on the 7th. March 2014. I will phone dealer as this is confusing and never had this with any other vag car.:confused:

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
confusing ur too right it is.... Had mine changed to Fixed 10,000 miles before xmas ok.
Told the service lad i wont have another 10,000 miles on it for another 14/15months
Oh well it will be overdue... WFT does 2 or 3 months matter when the mileage isnt there...
FFS am not going when its only done 6000 or 7000m esp as its still using LONGLIFE £57+ VAT Oil
You numpties.......

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
confusing ur too right it is.... Had mine changed to Fixed 10,000 miles before xmas ok.
Told the service lad i wont have another 10,000 miles on it for another 14/15months
Oh well it will be overdue... WFT does 2 or 3 months matter when the mileage isnt there...
FFS am not going when its only done 6000 or 7000m esp as its still using LONGLIFE £57+ VAT Oil
You numpties.......

Unfortunately FIXED servicing is 10,000miles OR 12 months - whichever comes first.

So they have you by the short and curlies whichever system you are on.

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Well as maybes but the Variable one would be even worse for me it could be way way longer before the engine ever had an Oil change.
Its as if your penalized for doing lower than normal mileage.

They offered me there service package oh aye xyz everymonth & mot Inc blah blah blah.
twice the amount of services it will ever need in the 27months it had left of warranty at the time.
it was like way over £500 (I THINK NOT)
I like to just pay for them as there done as i need a VAT Receipt with every one thats done.
Rather complicated to get one on a service package esp as it isnt fully claimable until its all paid for..
Plus the fact there 47miles away from me & my local Ind Garage will be doing it MOT which is only 5miles away.
They dont pay for my time nor DIESEL for all the running
so bugger that.
I'll see what me Mileage is like come early DEC........

MK1 Leon was nowt like this it was set to 10,000 miles no TIME LIMITS & it had 2 services at dealers with the third done at local Garage using Genuine Parts whilst it was still under warranty, i was doing 9000+ miles yearly then.
I Live where i work now thats why i save alot of miles.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Update on this, dealer phoned this morning after I posted on their live chat last Thurday and again on Saturday.I said why is it showing inspection service at 11700 miles and woman at other end said it should have been serviced at 10k. I said it was serviced at 6k i.e 1 year old March 2015 and was not due an oil change and to me an inspection service until 2 years or 20k whichever comes first and therefor was not due this until the first week in March i.e. at 2 years old from registration. I said if I waited until first week in March would this affect the warranty and she said no, so duly booked it in for that date.
She could not really answer my question but I will see a technician when I take the car in and try to clarify things, still confused, plus I will have to put up with the blasted inspection message every time I get in the car

Last edited:

Mk3 Se

Dec 1, 2015
My car was registered in June but was actually made in February/March. Imagine my surprise when the dash lit up in January (had car 7 months) telling me it required a service. I had a VAG service plan so no panic, booked it in. Dealer asked why I was having it serviced, told him but then he told me it would not be covered by the service plan since I had not paid enough in. Asked what would happen if I left it until car was 1 year old and he told me I would have no warranty left since I had not serviced it correctly. When I pointed out I would be challenging this since if it was true I had been miss sold a service plan.

Garage were simply not interested at any level, so I escalated it to SEAT who agreed that the service was due 1 years or 10,000 miles from registration. It appeared the service indicator was still set at the date of manufacture. They confirmed all this in an e-mail and sent me a £200 voucher that could be spent on anything at any dealer.

So come June I booked it into a different Seat dealer who then proved themselves totally useless by leaving the sump plug loose. What a mess on the drive and under the car. AA tightened plug 1/4 turn but the garage initially refused to clean up the car and pay for drive to be cleaned. SEAT customer services sorted it swiftly after which the garage could not do enough. But they still phone and ask why I have never been back.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
My car was registered in June but was actually made in February/March. Imagine my surprise when the dash lit up in January (had car 7 months) telling me it required a service. I had a VAG service plan so no panic, booked it in. Dealer asked why I was having it serviced, told him but then he told me it would not be covered by the service plan since I had not paid enough in. Asked what would happen if I left it until car was 1 year old and he told me I would have no warranty left since I had not serviced it correctly. When I pointed out I would be challenging this since if it was true I had been miss sold a service plan.

Garage were simply not interested at any level, so I escalated it to SEAT who agreed that the service was due 1 years or 10,000 miles from registration. It appeared the service indicator was still set at the date of manufacture. They confirmed all this in an e-mail and sent me a £200 voucher that could be spent on anything at any dealer.

So come June I booked it into a different Seat dealer who then proved themselves totally useless by leaving the sump plug loose. What a mess on the drive and under the car. AA tightened plug 1/4 turn but the garage initially refused to clean up the car and pay for drive to be cleaned. SEAT customer services sorted it swiftly after which the garage could not do enough. But they still phone and ask why I have never been back.

Think you have solved my problem as my car was MADE at the end of January 2014 but I did not take delivery until new regs in March.
Could it be that the mfd is set when the car was made and not when it was registered, if so is it an easy fix when I take it in in March????

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.