setting up fog lights

DonniD1991

Big Donni
Mar 6, 2009
Newcastle Upon Tyne
just wondering if anyone has done this but i have a 1.2 ibiza that did not come with fog lights i then put a facelifted bumper on it and just wondered how a could set them up so they are working

would appreciate the help cheers

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
firstly u will need a new switch inside the car which will replace ur normal headlight switch as it will have the fog option with yours wont have if it didnt come with fogs, scrappies is ur best bet!!!!
then a wiring loom will have to be made to get power to them and also run off this switch

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
just wondering if anyone has done this but i have a 1.2 ibiza that did not come with fog lights i then put a facelifted bumper on it and just wondered how a could set them up so they are working

would appreciate the help cheers

Have you actually got the foglights yet? You mentioned that your car didn't come with any.

when you come to fit fogs to your facelift bumper, you'll have to make sure they're facelift fogs, as the prefaclift ones won't fit a facelift bumper... hope that makes sense :)

DonniD1991

Big Donni
Mar 6, 2009
Newcastle Upon Tyne
well av got the fog lights in the bumper just needing to connect them
so where can a get the wiring loom from could i get them from the dealers?
av got the switch aswell from the scrappy got it for a quid haha

cheers for the help tho lads much appreciated like

red_october

I got my foglight kit from the dealers, don't know if they sell the loom on its own. Im sure it wasn't as simple as plugging the loom straight in though, I think I had to put a join onto one of the wires that goes into the headlight switch to get them to work.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
my fogs aint wired up, havnt got round to it, well tbh never has bothered me, but might see about it but would like xenon white fogs if it can be done, to match my headlights etc.....

L14M_T

THE JOYS OF A 1200cc
Jan 14, 2009
RCT, South Wales
my fogs aint wired up, havnt got round to it, well tbh never has bothered me, but might see about it but would like xenon white fogs if it can be done, to match my headlights etc.....

or you could pay extra for those bright pink HID 10,000K I think they are, Be different! :D

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
As Scott says, try various scrappies, or look at people selling prefacelift bumpers from their FR, Cupra's etc.. there was someone on here who was selling their's for £40..

The all inclusive kit is something like £150 :cry:

I'm just going for the foglight "look" soon ( plastic foglamp grille bits and 2 round bits of perspex) as i don't really find them that useful tbh

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise