Shell Optimax

dash

Feb 11, 2006
surrey
I use bp diesel ultimate all the time.
Trust me it does make a difference to ordinary diesel.
Never I would use normal diesel!

It cleans the engine too!!!!!!!![B)]

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
CupraUK said:
Maybe its only the 180bhp and above that it says it for. My manual and fuel flap say 98ron. (Plus my revo programme was super unleaded optimised so I try not to ever have to use normal)

Nope the fuel flap on the 1.6 Leon says 98ron as well.

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Anyone got a standard FR to check? Just checked mine outside in the pouring rain and its definitely 95 octane. Bit dubious putting 98 or higher in it...

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
chase06 said:
Anyone got a standard FR to check? Just checked mine outside in the pouring rain and its definitely 95 octane. Bit dubious putting 98 or higher in it...

Are you sure it doesn't have say 98/95 on the fuel cap. Thats what mine says. It wont do any harm putting 98 or super in, its just whether you will notice any difference.

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Nah im positive mine says 95 only, mind you mines a late 2005 edition before the 06 facelift if that makes much difference? AFAIK the 2006 is just a facelift with no power increase or mapping changes...

Cheers

gazjones

mine is a 54 plate and its fine to put 98 in it it wont harm it it will just run better it actually says on mine 98/ 95 so i guess that mean use 98 first and 95 if you have to!

Ali_P

I've just filled up with Optimax, don't know where to put the Hamsters though :think:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I always use the cheapest stuff 95 I think

no problems at all but will 98 make the car go any better

oe standard fr 20vt apart from pd160 intake BTW

Last edited:

gazjones

with standard i dont know if it will make much difference but with mine i put 95 in for a long jurney so didnt need performance but when i had it in 5th and put my foot to the floor it took ages to boost properly. then on the way back i put optimax in and it boosted so much better and pulled alot better!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.