Short shift

Lawrence

Hi guys, was looking at short shifs on forge website are they a gd bit of gear to buy or just a waste of money?. and does any one know of any gd induction kits for seat leon cupra r 210 thanks:clap:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
haha. all i did was drill a hole in my original shifter and stick a bolt through. well slightly more precise, but you get the idea!

Danny_FR

Soot? Meh...
Mar 1, 2007
Blackburn, Lancs
The simplest mods are usually the best ones!:D I'm going to have a go at making exact copies of the original pin and see how that works out. The joys of having access to CNC lathes and milling machines! ;)

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
yep, someone else made proper pins.. i don't have access to that kind of kit :( one day!!

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
one word of warning.. if you happen to break your left wrist; put your gearbox back to normal; its quite painful otherwise! (guess who broke theirs recently!)

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
I've got one, and it's great!
I've only got the one that adjusts the front -> back throw, as quite a lot of people have said that the side to side upgrade isn't all that...but that is personal preference!

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Someone best not be planning to make the pins. I've just shelled out for a Forge item :cry::headhurt:

FR+TDI

Jul 8, 2007
Carmarthenshire, Wales.
I've spoken to my boss about it and he's happy for me to make some up in my own time...:whistle:

Piece of cake matey! I only made one pin for the back & forth movement - with thread underneath for a nylock nut; the side to side one I just pressed out, put back in to the hole I'd drilled lower down & peened in back over with a ball pein hammer. Been in for six months-ish now & no problems. :D

DannyC87

Mar 4, 2008
thats a stunning price! great find! for that price i might invest in a proper one instead of my "bodge"!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members