Should new Forge FMIC have packet of bolts, screws, washers etc??

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Hi,

i got a nice suprise in the post two days ago... my forge fmic:) Took everything out and everything was there apart from the fitting guide. Did a search on here and found it.....no probs there. Took eveything else out and it doesnt seem to come with any replacement bolts or anything. Am i right in thinking that you just reuse the old ones that you take off or should it have some my a packet of bolts, screws, washers etc??

Anyone whos bought one please help as i want to get it fitted asap and need to know if i need to ring forge to ask for them if it need them

cheers

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm sure you need 'new' bolts to secure the FMIC to the crash structure infront of the rad.

it's been a while though

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I downloaded and printed the guide. Its the bolts that im unsure of, There was not any in the package so im not sure to be honest. So the only bolts that i need really are the two to secure it to the modified crash bar?

Mat

you got link to guide? couldn't see it on the site for the life of me (although I'm sure i saw it whilst at work lol)

Mat

lol

did that earlier. must have clicked wrong link - cheers boss

Mat

lol

did that earlier. must have clicked wrong link - cheers boss

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
its been a while since i did mine too but as m0rk said

2 bolts/nuts to secure the cooler to the new crash bar and i'm fairly certain these should be provided (but if not your bound to have 2 suitable size ones lying around)

and the jubilee clips for the pipe work

put it back together using the original bolts

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Ok, got all the pipe work and jubilee clips inside the box. so thats all good. I'll just see how it goes when i fit it, looks fairly straight forward.. he says...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members