Show off your mk2 ibiza :)

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Yea might have a go at getting it fixed up a bit, whats the almost easy fix for the rust though?

Cut the piece out and weld a new plate in, then spray it silver yourself... I know you have to weld for that, but I'm pretty sure you know someone who can weld(I know 4 and I'm not even into that stuff)... So it's kind of easy to DIY...

Ofcourse, it won't look as good as if you did it professionally but it will still look loads better...

You could also fill it up I guess, but would need looaaads of filler and probably wouldn't hold properly...

@Brummy: Fair enough I guess... I don't really like the big wheels on that Mk4... Btw, it looks like the door tops have a different color aswell?! *facepalms* :p Doesn't look right that...

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Cut the piece out and weld a new plate in, then spray it silver yourself... I know you have to weld for that, but I'm pretty sure you know someone who can weld(I know 4 and I'm not even into that stuff)... So it's kind of easy to DIY...

Ofcourse, it won't look as good as if you did it professionally but it will still look loads better...

You could also fill it up I guess, but would need looaaads of filler and probably wouldn't hold properly...

sounds like more work than its worth lol

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
think the doors open on the Mk4

:doh: :lol: You kind of got a point there...

I got pics! :D Just had it MOT'ed for second try and it passed. Just some heat-cracks in my right rear tire, oh well...

Pic whoring time...
Foto1046.jpg

Hmm... A package had arrived... What could possibly be in there...
Foto1042.jpg

*I was a happy man right there!*
Foto1035.jpg

Foto1030.jpg

Foto1033.jpg

Foto1028.jpg

Foto1027.jpg

Last edited:

crossedmike

:doh: :lol: You kind of got a point there...

I got pics! :d just had it mot'ed for second try and it passed. Just some heat-cracks in my right rear tire, oh well...

Pic whoring time...
foto1046.jpg

hmm... A package had arrived... What could possibly be in there...
foto1042.jpg

*i was a happy man right there!*
foto1035.jpg

foto1030.jpg

foto1033.jpg

foto1028.jpg

foto1027.jpg

lowerrrrrrr

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
lowerrrrrrr

The car jack wouldn't go low enough so I couldn't drive it off if it was lower mate :lol:

Rear is still on lowering springs btw... Just put the fronts on so I could get it through MOT :p

+ I scraped the splitter already while driving it onto the MOT parking lot... :p

And it needs to be a certain height to get it through Dutch MOT... but I don't think that's a problem yet.

Last edited:

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
True that... Thing is we had it on a car lift and I had already fitted everything untill we found out lowest setting wouldn't let it clear the jack.. And I don't want to go 1mph at every speedbump and other things( since I already scraped it as it is)... Still want to keep some ride comfort aswell if you know what I mean :)

Gonna get going with the roof peel as the next thing I think... Either that or the rocker cover gasket...

crossedmike

u want to be so low that u feel stone ping up agains ur splitter :) and as brummy i carry block of wood :)

best thing to do is side jack points lower a side at a time then back super low slow but looking good :)

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Well uh, no I don't really... Not with the size of speedbumps we have here :p
Anyway, I went to a Seat meeting in the Netherlands today and it was awesome! Kind of wondering if I should start a topic for the pics but oh well... Just showing off other peoples cars aswell.

Foto1051.jpg

Foto1070.jpg

Foto1052.jpg

Foto1053.jpg

Foto1054.jpg

Foto1055.jpg

VW Polo with a G40 engine... Very cool
Foto1049.jpg

400+ horsepower on this Leon mk1...
Foto1057.jpg

Foto1056.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Rest of the pics!
My Ibiza from when everyone except 4 people had left already... (there were about 98 people in total...)
Foto1071.jpg

Since the meeting was held at a Seat dealer, also a lot of new Seats and 2nd hand cars were displayed inside... For example this very cool blue Ibiza, I mean, this color would look horrible on any car, except a Seat tbh!
Foto1066.jpg

Some weird Mini Cooper with way too large wheels(still looks cool tho)
Foto1078.jpg

If I remember correct, this Leon TFSI had over 300 horses...
Foto1059.jpg

This Leon 2.0 TFSI DSG had 412 horsepower, in flesh it was more purple-ish than brown but oh well.
Foto1063.jpg

I had a terrificly good day as it was my first ever meeting, with any car... Met alot of nice people, no chavs (I was kind of scared there would be too many chavs around), all real enthusiasts! All I wish for now is that I'd live in the UK so I could go to meetings that had more Ibiza's... Why? Well.. uhm.. Because:

I WAS THE ONLY PERSON WITH A 6K IBIZA! :confused: :cry: (There was a 6k Ibiza style Cordoba though... )

There was only a black 6k2 and a red mk4. On the way home I saw a mk1 Ibiza though! Strangely enough, although it was red it had better paint than mine does! :blink:

Last edited:

Seat-Chris

MK2 1.4 Sex :D
Jul 20, 2008
Derby
well after an incident with an unseen speed bump :rolleyes: mine now looks like this.........

20e2fe34-ba35-48ce-816d-ba554f0562b0.jpg

aint she beautiful...........:whistle: hahahaha

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Crezz... How is that still driving after it was already being stripped?!.....

And if it is still driving on it's own power, why didn't you just drive untill the engine completely died....

Or did you sell it as a non-runner in the end and spotted it on the road later?........

Please just tell us it's that last option and that it's not just an old picture?

If I had the money to buy it for the price of all its parts... I would. :(

I has a sad...

@Chris: Uhm well that sucks :O Lucky I got rubber bumpers...

Last edited:

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Balls.. Hey I have an ambitious idea... Why don't you just tow it to a Seat Dealer, and tell them they should buy it as a showmodel... :O That way you'll get a decent price, you might be able to keep the engine AND the car will still be nice!

But.... for serious now(although it would be cool lol :rolleyes:),... Can't you just strip everything but sell the body(doors, bonnet, boot and body) itself as a whole? That would work right? Then some enthusiast buys the shell with a donor car for the other parts and the car can still be as mint as it was! *Hints at the guy that wanted to put a Hayabusa engine in an Ibiza*

:( *there has to be a way the car can be saved :p*

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.