show us your yellow ibiza's

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
Yup my roof peeled so had it sprayed black yesterday and i have white marks elsehwere which is how the roof started :\

However, the guy doing it has told me when he took the masking off it peeled some lacquer off other parts of the car. WTF did SEAT use to laqcuer the cars nail polish?

Mines an 05 am gunna go to SEAT see if they'll sort it, but i'm not hopeful.

Dan_T

Jan 21, 2010
Derby
either way i should be covered then so if i go to my local dealers they should be able to sort it for me? cheers for the info guys

Aug 18, 2007
Its not that long for paintwork..

Corrosion/Rust is where it is covered for longer.

CluneZ

Aug 26, 2010
West Yorkshire
surely without paint and lacquer rust will be just round the corner :(

respray time if they wont do it

stay yellow or do something different :lol:

Mar 19, 2010
The money for a respray is worth it.... Ive had alot of hassle doing it myself, just hoping it turns out right.

i know what you all mean about the paint being thin, these days cars are just thrown together, it aint even laquered under the bonnet i dont think. where as my old D-reg nova was painte as good inside under the carpet & in the engine bay as it was on the exterior. nothings made as well as it used to be

rogs23

Think I seen on here someone said paint was covered for 3 years . An rust was covered for 6 years

5730788439_e8f1f82904.jpg

here's a more recent one of mine with freshly powder coated wheels & lcr splitter :)

Ye the quality of paint is shocking, I found out that when I was respraying my car.

yeah i know what you mean. ours has faded badly & ive tried everything to bring it back. just look at the pic i posted above in my last post. look at the freshly painted mirror in comparison with the door... i know the colour the painter used was right too as hes who my local seat dealer use. gonna have to save up & get the f***ing thing re sprayed i think. its not that noticeable but i know so it annoys me. also its got white marks all over it where laquer is getting ready to peel. ive never known factory paint to do that before

Mar 19, 2010
I've done 3 base coats and 3 clear. When I prepped the car I found the factory clear extremely thin and base coat went down to White in seconds.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.