Side Skirt Sizes?

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
I've got a Mk3 Ibiza And wondering if they'll fit my mk2?
are they the same sizes?
i was gonna take one off and see but a lovely day just got spoiled by rain :(

vngtx

only difference is the material. mk2 are moulded plastic, mk3 are fibreglass i think.

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Yep the mk3 Cupra ones fit aswell.

just so im not wasting my time repainting them as ive no clue what kind of sideskirts they are.. all sideskirts that fit the mk3 should fit the mk2?
?

btw i also heard the front end of a mk3 cud be fitted onto a mk2.. (this sounds like a winter project if true lol)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
just so im not wasting my time repainting them as ive no clue what kind of sideskirts they are.. all sideskirts that fit the mk3 should fit the mk2?
?

btw i also heard the front end of a mk3 cud be fitted onto a mk2.. (this sounds like a winter project if true lol)

Yep the mk3 skirts should fit the mk2 without any problems.

And you can fite a mk3 front end but you need slam panel, wings, headlights, grille and a few other bits.

vngtx

spotted a full front end on the bay, only 275 for the lot.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
spotted a full front end on the bay, only 275 for the lot.

shop about - a few aftermarket panels about nowadays and you could get near that with new parts

and yes it's a good swap mk3 front on a mk2

iirc was a minor mod to the front panel to match mk2 rad and rest is bolt on

Last edited:

vngtx

i managed to find a full front end at my local dodgy scrappers for 200.

vngtx

i decided to hold off for a bit. till i can afford a propper respray. would look the best in kiwi tho :p also seen leon cupra R mk1 front end on an ibiza but thats going too far.....

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
I Have A Full Immobilzed Mk3 Ibiza so a Slam panel and stuff shouldn't be a problem. I've never seen a Mk3 Front end on a Mk2.. has anyone tried on SCN with pic's?
Or any Interwebz pictures?
Im Really Interested :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.