Significant Forum Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 103408

One last try on the OBD11 Forum I am able to build and index to link into book marks within a thread using BB Code.

The code I use is (I have removed []
a target="_self" href="web_page_details#gotohere"]Introduction[/a for the index section
and the bookmark is
div)(div)(a name="gotohere")(/a)(/div)[/div

I have tried this using BB Code editor and it still shows (should be hidden), is it possible to add these in so that we can have better how to guides / builds.

Cheers

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
One last try on the OBD11 Forum I am able to build and index to link into book marks within a thread using BB Code.

The code I use is (I have removed []
a target="_self" href="web_page_details#gotohere"]Introduction[/a for the index section
and the bookmark is
div)(div)(a name="gotohere")(/a)(/div)[/div

I have tried this using BB Code editor and it still shows (should be hidden), is it possible to add these in so that we can have better how to guides / builds.

Cheers

You've lost me a bit, sorry (might be the heat!)

Scott

Deleted member 103408

No problem just me not being clear and simple.

if you look at this page http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations you will see the first post is just a index, if you click on each of the links it will take you to various bookmarks in the next post's

What you cant see in normal view is coding like [a target="_self" href="web_page_details#[B]gotohere[/B]"]Introduction[/a for the index section] in BBCode. The first part of the code tells you to jump to a bookmark called gotohere but you cant see any of that, the only bit you the user sees is Introduction.

Then further down the code [div)(div)(a name="gotohere")(/a)(/div)[/div] again this is done in BBCode and when you finish it you cant see it in normal view only in BBCode view.

I have tried doing this on this forum in the BBCode editor and it does not work, I presume this is because these codes are not supported here.

So what I am after is these codes to be supported or some other way I can build an index and associated bookmarks (otherwise i have to create a post for each section and that just does not give me what I am after.

Hope that makes sence if not we can chat about this on saturday (very quickly)

Deleted member 103408

yes indeed, this is what happens with England win at football.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Had this a couple times today, security error. Working now but don't know if it's just me or if it needs looked at

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180713-111343.png
    Screenshot_20180713-111343.png
    451.1 KB · Views: 129

Deleted member 103408

So far not seen that issue on my (updated MAC) laptop, Pew was it via Mobile or normal computer connection.

Reactions: Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
No problem just me not being clear and simple.

if you look at this page http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations you will see the first post is just a index, if you click on each of the links it will take you to various bookmarks in the next post's

What you cant see in normal view is coding like [a target="_self" href="web_page_details#[B]gotohere[/B]"]Introduction[/a for the index section] in BBCode. The first part of the code tells you to jump to a bookmark called gotohere but you cant see any of that, the only bit you the user sees is Introduction.

Then further down the code [div)(div)(a name="gotohere")(/a)(/div)[/div] again this is done in BBCode and when you finish it you cant see it in normal view only in BBCode view.

I have tried doing this on this forum in the BBCode editor and it does not work, I presume this is because these codes are not supported here.

So what I am after is these codes to be supported or some other way I can build an index and associated bookmarks (otherwise i have to create a post for each section and that just does not give me what I am after.

Hope that makes sence if not we can chat about this on saturday (very quickly)

Hi - we've now got a BB code editor installed. If you can let me know the codes you want listed out I'll try and get it sorted. PM me if easier.

Cheers,

Scott

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 128

Deleted member 103408

Perfect i am doing some work on the house this week but will get it to you as soon as I can.

Reactions: Syphon

Deleted member 103408

I am going to have to start a poll, what radio stations do you have on your first screen.

I see a lot of us have Radio 2 first :)

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
can you enable the bottom breadcrumb, i hate scrolling back to the top to go back to the forum i was in, that's far to much effort

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
can you enable the bottom breadcrumb, i hate scrolling back to the top to go back to the forum i was in, that's far to much effort
Just to confirm you're after this sort of link at the bottom of each page for easier navigation?

2019-05-07 12_37_05-Window.jpg

We do have a take to the top or bottom nav button if that helps?

2019-05-07 12_38_51-Window.jpg

Reactions: Walone
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members